“This place is rock and roll”
Review of Miami Shore Motel

Miami Shore Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed January 15, 2013

From the moment I entered I felt at home. The smell of Indian and Asian food, rustic but sexy decor and ice cold beer. Very friendly and tolerant owner and staff. I've already booked next years stay. Yeh!!

• Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Friendly staff that starts with the manager. Very accommodating and polite. Plenty of fresh towels in the clean rooms. Loved the air conditioned room for better comfort in the Queensland heat. Will definitely look at staying here again

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I found the place clean, very good price for the room. It was clean, comfortable and in a good condition. It has on-site parking, good location, close to the beach. Friendly owner, very helpful. I have no complaints at all. I spent 2 nights there and was very good experience. Enough toilet paper, towels, soap. For me was as shown on pics.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I started getting nervous the minute my cab driver pulled up to the place. It looked terrible already from the outside. Upon getting into my room, I was immediately glad I was only staying one night. Ants on the floor greeted me upon making my way to the bathroom. The "door" is a screen door plus a glass door, neither of which locked properly. Stains on the sheets on one end of the bed made me very queasy and the room was generally old and not well maintained. Should I have needed to stay another night, I definitely would not have felt safe leaving my belongings there. Only one roll of toilet paper given, and the bed moved around as it was not secure. The pictures are VERY deceiving and pretty much false advertising. Please, please, do not stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank aniahime
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Stayed here with 3 generations of my family recently.
Pros: great saltwater pool and spa, friendly owner, walking distance to beach. We all had fun staying up late outside in the entertainment area, without complaints from owner. Relatively cheap rates. Cheap softdrink vending machine ($1/can).

Cons: rooms cleanliness below average. Limited and no allocated off street parking.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank Jojie01
Reviewed September 29, 2011

Booked in after seeing the pictures on their website. Checked in on Tuesday 27 July 2011. Just driving in the driveway made us feel reluctant to stay there. Surroundings were very dirty. pool was full of leaves. We were given keys to a room that had old newspapers scattered on a chair outside.
My wife walked in the room and needed to use the toilet as we had been on the road for 4hrs. Found there was no toilet paper in the toilet or anywhere. My two kids, 6 and 7yrs old also commented on the filth. we decided to find accommodation elsewhere. went back the next morning and advised the owner we weren't staying. He said he was going to charge the full amount.

A couple of days later, I sent him an email giving the reasons for not staying. He called me shortly after ABUSING AND SWEARING over the phone. He was also very THREATENING saying he would destroy me.

Very rude. Cannot be bothered to even check the basics like toilet Paper. Should not be in the hospitality industry.

PS. A bad look being in the hospitality industry when welcoming guests with a pair of shorts and t shirt full of paint.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank David S
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I cannot understand why the Health Department have not shut this place down!!?? It is disgusting. Cockroaches, stained mattresses, sheets, bed covers (with holes), dirty old pillows, mouldy shower and basin, swimming pool and spa dirty, with dirt and rubbish floating around the bottom. The apartments at the back full of drug addicts and alcoholics. The washing machines did not work and were rusty and dirty. I could go on and on, but i would fill 10 pages !! Management are dirty, smelly and very rude. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILDREN HERE.

PLEASE NOTE; I was told that the two good reviews on this site were done by the manager and a member of his family.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank minnyBrisbane
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Quality Hotel Mermaid Waters
#7 of 10 in Mermaid Beach
Outrigger Gold Coast
Outrigger Gold Coast
#2 of 4 in Burleigh Heads

Been to Miami Shore Motel? Share your experiences!