“Loved it.”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great service. Very Friendly. Very clean. The food was fresh and tasted great. Returned the next day for lunch!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

The title says it all, the Owner Junko and her staff are wonderful, All meals are great but if you love teriyaki beef you have to try teriyaki beef don (lunch special). Miso soup is incredible, I've never tasted rice so good before. Always cooked to perfection. One of the best Japanese restaurants in Australia without a doubt in Queensland. Thankyou so much, I look forward to seeing you shortly.

1  Thank FootyHead2014
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Awesome meals and great service. Gyoza, chicken with teriyaki sauce and sushimi plate were really good. The green tea ice cream was good but a bit on the excy side (probably should get two scoops for 7 bucks). Overall however a really nice dining experience. Thanks guys, we'll be back soon.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Put it this way, if you love real Japanese food and can do without all the airs and graces (which you pay for) then you will love this place. It's been a bit of a secret with people in Mermaid Waters for a while but I'm happy they have finally put it on tripadvisor. There is a playground right next to the restaurant so all us parents think it's great! I even have a good friend who just told me he joins a group for lunch there on Fridays!

I would recommend that you order what's called the "special plate". It's got so many good things on it you will wonder why it's UNDER $20. I'm talking sashimi, teriyaki chicken, miso soup, salad and even more. If you're a huge eater order the salmon carpaccio to start. The quality of everything is as good as anything I've had on the Coast, believe me!! I have taken people who drive by the place every day and they are amazed.

I reckon if you go there for a nice casual dinner one night you'll get hooked! The nice thing unlike so many Japanese restaurants on the Coast (and I have been to most) is that it is priced so well for what you get!!

3  Thank Aussie777