“Good value for money”

Sailfish Cove
Brisbane, Australia
“Good value for money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

This is actually a townhouse with a lot of permanently residing families, in Robina which is away from the real gold coast action. However, for those who are looking for a home away from home, this might be a good option.

You can't walk to anything... Need to drive so this is a good option for families on a budget looking for a week or at least a few days away from home. Again remember this is a townhouse not a hotel or a serviced apartment.

The cleanliness is good..compared to similar type accomodation. Service is good during office hours. Not a hotel so don't expect any service express. You will need to go to the office when they are open for any assistance.

I didn't have any complaints. Would consider this in future if I am looking for something similar. They have good 3 bed room units with waterfront (canal) view and access.

Overall an average place which will not dissappoint if you are consider value.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank MJ707

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Goulburn, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

I found Sailfish Cove by purchasing a accommodation voucher on ebay. It had the cheapest rate for up to 6 people (there are 5 of us) for 7 nights - $650 for a 3 bedroom apartment. I couldn't even get that for a onsite cabin at a tourist park!

The reception staff are lovely and helpful. Offered us a second set of keys if we required them. Also offered some help with things to do and where to go shopping etc.

The unit itself, whilst a little dated in its decor and furnishings, is perfectly acceptable. Our unit probably needed a new coat of paint, but it's the same as my house so I don't care!! LOL! Everything is provided in terms of dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, all cooking and eating utensils. The only complaint with the kitchen I had was the little oven which didn't really cook too well.

There is a air con on the ground floor and ceiling fans in every room. The beds were a little on the hard side, but you can't please everyone with that sort of thing.

We stayed for a week and had no dramas with any residents, the pools are great and clean, and the spa is just heavenly!

Location wise is about 20 minutes from the theme parks, 15 minutes from surfers paradise. Shopping centres are close by, either Robina or Pacific Fair. A car is advisable.

Will definately be looking to stay here again, such great value for money!

Room Tip: We booked a 3 bedroom, and automatically got river frontage.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank disturboed
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2012

We stayed at sailfish cove last year in march for 7 nights we had a ball and loved having our little own space to stay. Two bedrooms and great space for a our 7 year to play we are going back on the 28 jan for 14 nights can't wait..... a++ Thanks to sailfish for great value for money.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kristy b
Cairns
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

I stayed at this resort for a week with my family of 6. I paid an extra $10 a week and received a river frount room. The water is literally 3 meters away from the back door.
I loved the walk in wardrobe and ensuite. I loved the fact it felt like home. We had 3 toilets, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and dishwasher with all coOking utilsils. It really was wonderful and the service was amazing. For a budget holiday, it was excellent. I would highly advise to stay here and the pool is also excellent.

• Stayed December 2011
melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

First of all to the reviews i have read on here about this place NEED a REALITY check it is a budget place to stay if u are taking ur family and are on a budget and live in the real world then u wont have a problem with it we are currently staying here and the staff have been great the only bad thing i can say about this place is the actuall tenants SOME of them are just FERAL and need to b kicked out the parents allow the kids to go in the pool area and run a muck the management is aware of this and are trying to do their best to resolve it otherwise this place does the job ....... yes the rooms need a upgrade but then that will mean we all have to pay more and im happy paying 1200 for 2 weeks for a family of 5!
the little cafe they have here has the best food and at great prices
end of day it does the job on a budget

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank chickieemelbourne
Canberra, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2011

I am writing this as a longer-term tenant of Sailfish Cove.

Sailfish Cove is located about a 5-10 minute drive from Broadbeach and Burleigh Heads, bit further to Surfers but convenient to Robina Town Centre- however, you do need a car to get to most places.

The place holds 200+ units, containing a mix of permanent residents, Bond University students and holiday makers. The units are a little dated but would do well for a family holiday, the two pools are quite nice but the units have no phones and the wireless internet connection is shocking.

Unfortunately my big issue with this place is to do with the management. Upon arrival here I discovered that the unit I was paying rent for was still occupied by it's previous owners. They supplied me with alternate accommodation but it took 2.5 weeks for me to finally move in (not what you want when you are just starting uni). In the leadup to arrival, I was told my unit would be overlooking the pool- instead, it is actually located next to the road. I have been here for a few months now and am still not certain if the promised cleaning is supposed to occur weekly, fortnightly or monthly having been told different things by different members of staff, and having received inconsistent cleaning anyway. Tomorrow I am going to the office as according to my housemate they seem to be under the impression the unit will be available at the end of the semester- however I have a lease signed for well into the near year.

With a bit of updating this place has plenty of potential. However, in its current state I cannot recommend it to either students or holidaymakers.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

We had an extended family holiday and booked out three apartments. On check-in they mixed up the payments. The units are outdated and need a thorough clean. Blinds were broken, some lights didn't work and the dishwasher set off the electrical safety switch. Beds were uncomfortable. The permanent residents hate holiday makers - one yelled at us for not parking correctly while we unloaded our baggage. Our car with two baby seats got towed on a Saturday morning (without warning!) while temporarily parked on a grass area, not blocking anyone. If walking on foot, you have to wait for a car to come so you can exit the property (only residents are given a swipe card). Also no phone in the unit. Too bad if there is an emergency! Reception is only open business hours.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank chanandbeth

Been to Sailfish Cove? Share your experiences!