“Leisurely lunch with excellent food and coffee”
Review of Loren Food and Wine - CLOSED

Loren Food and Wine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I love coming here and every visit to The Gold Coast (a lot in the last year) I go here for lunch.
Everything is very fresh and it is such a pleasure to eat here.
The coffee is also hot and strong.. without asking it to be that. Both those things seem to be difficult to get these days.
It is expensive (but I find all things expensive in Australia). Last time we were with the 5 of us for lunch and we all had 1 drink and a lunch course and the bill came to $110-
If you are lucky there will be a table free in the courtyard area.
Be sitting there again in a couple of weeks :-)

Reviewed June 14, 2014

I love this place on the southern Gold Coast. A family business, the owners and staff are unfailingly helpful and friendly, and the mood is relaxed but professional..A real gem to have in the local village of Tugun, it is a happy experience every time I visit. And the Italian cuisine is just wonderful. I'll be taking all my Melbourne and OS visitors here for meals , oh yes!

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food and service. I always go here or the elephant rock cafe when we visit.

Child friendly. They even gave my little boy a free banana for being well behaved. He was very excited.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Love the food & coffee. Most days you will catch up with a local to say hi.... Very casual lazy Saturday & Sunday morning breakfasts we enjoy the most.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

My friend and I recently undertook a 20km walk from Burleigh Heads to Tugun and return. By our half way point we were really looking forward to a coffee and something to eat. Not wanting to sit in a café on the main road we ventured closer to the beach and were fortunate enough to find Loren Food and Wine. Looking very dishevelled we were shown a table and immediately ordered a Smoked Salmon Bagle and coffee. Service was prompt and extremely friendly. I am not a big coffee drinker and find a lot of it too strong and too tart. The Merlo coffee was made exactly as I like it, The following Monday we undertook a 24km walk but unfortunately the restaurant was not open so we could repeat our experience. Next time. Thanks guys and gals.