“Fresh & Tasty.”

Captain Hook's Seafood Takeaway
Ranked #15 of 38 Restaurants in Tugun
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Good quality, fresh, friendly staff who go out of their way to give you what you want. Prices are your standard fish & chip prices. Not cheap or as expensive as some fish & chips places these days.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

The first time I ate take away fish n chips from this neat and tidy and well presented fish market in Tugun, I nearly cried tears of joy, as the search for the ultimate fish n chips was over! The perfection was incomparable. We selected Red Emperor to be battered and a minimum serve of chips. We took it to a local beach park, and ate in silence. I had packed a picnic basket consisting of wine, beer, and a salad as well as pickled onions, and cornichons and some extra salt and pepper and lemon. All of this combined with the supreme batter perfection, and the freshness of the fish made for a very memorable Friday evening. My only regret is that there was not "one more chip". Next time I will order a few more.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Probably the best fish and chips I've ever had, and I have it every place I visit! Just a Mom & Pop family restaurant. Meals are eaten at the curb side tables, or taken home. The fish almost melts in your mouth! They have prawns, Morton Bay Bugs (a variety of lobster), clams, haddock, sea trout, etc., etc., etc.!!!

1  Thank CoachCam77
Reviewed September 3, 2013

There are at least 2 reasons to stop into Captain Hook's and one prerequisite: you need to be hungry. Great concise selection of fish and seafood. The takeaway thai fishcakes are fresh and spicy. 2 reasons to stop in regardless : #1) the squid is likely to be a serious contender for the best I've had, simply so tender, light and delicious. #2) The fish burger is tremendous; soft fresh bread, crunchy lettuce, beetroot, spices and the fish...They can make it with anything you see, I like it so much that I stop in every single time I drive down to the coast. The chips are vastly superior to the run of the mill chip shop and largely everything that goes on your plate is homemade (aioli and sauces included), rather scarce these days. To me, the pleasure-to-cost benefit ratio make it a steal because the meal is so deeply satisfying for prime quality fish. This humble fish and chip shop is cooking something rather special.

2  Thank TheBrowne-Lyons
Reviewed August 29, 2013

What a great selection of fish and other products. Had Tasmanian Salmon with a delicious salad, Thai fishcakes that were excellent. Portions are also generous.