“Kahani Indian Restaurant”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Tugun, Australia
“Kahani Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

If you love curry then this is the place to visit. Beautiful flavours and depends on what suits your palate there is a variety of dishes to choose from. The dishes are small but the richness of the spices sure fills you. Excellent and prompt service makes this restaurant one of my favourites.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank 900Vegas55

Huizen, The Netherlands
“Our Monday evening experience. Food very good, service terrible.”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is about the 3rd visit in about a years’ time. Well what for rating shall I give this experience, as the food was very good and service terrible I think I shall go half way with an average.

We were happy that it was open on a Monday evening but I do wonder if the restaurant should bother. Service was not with a smile, not even a bit of friendliness actually. At 8pm we were the only table left and therefore the chairs were taken in from outside. I hate when restaurants do this but I realise that more restaurants on the Gold Coast do this, so maybe I should just have to except that this happens in this part of the world.
Round about this time we were all finished our main courses but we were not even asked if we would like dessert or tea or coffee. The sliding door was left open and the cold air was really felt, I said to family and friends that I think that was a huge hint for us to be on our way, every-one agreed, we really did not feel welcome anymore. Was, still am, flabbergasted.
The food was very good and tasted all how it should, but maybe the tandoori chicken, lamb and rice could all have been served temperature wise some-what, hotter.
Atmosphere in the restaurant is not that nice but we know that and came for the good food. Actually when it is busy, sitting outside is nicer than sitting inside.
So I would give this restaurant a miss on a Monday, get the takeaway or be ready to go by 8pm and know that you shall be having tea and coffee at home.

Thorpe Bay, United Kingdom
“A decent curry at last!!!!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

As a pom currently living in Australia I am missing the usual thing, bacon, tea, Marmite, and of course a decent curry. Having tried "the best indian restaurant in Sydney" and found it seriously wanting, I was keen to visit another curry house while visiting family on the Gold Coast.
What a revelation! While familiar, the menu lacked the range of side dishes we get in the UK but the food was fantastic. We brought our own drinks so the bill was reasonable too!!
Next time I'm on the Gold Coast, I'll be back.

Tugun, Australia
“Good quality food”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We recently dined at Kahani Indian Tugun. The only criticism is that their chairs are too hard and get uncomfortable after a short time. Their curries are authentic, wonderfully full flavoured and good variety on the menu. We loved the Malai Kofta after reading the review from ShanJK.
Will get takeaway next time.

1 Thank JanetT849
Palm Beach, Australia
“Brilliant Indian”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Great food. One of my favourite Indian places on the coast. The Malai kofta is my favourite. Must try the cheese naan. Other dishes such as korma are good as well. Good service.

Visited June 2014