“Lucky for us its just around the corner”

Allure on Currumbin
Reserve with
Allure on Currumbin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Currumbin
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are an elegant casual dining restaurant on the Gold Coast, providing a French inspired menu with an Australian twist.
Gold Coast, Australia
“Lucky for us its just around the corner”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We go to Allure every couple of months.
We've never been disappointed by the food or the service and I always recommend it to people when they are asking about places to eat out.
Cheryl the owner is always freindly and welcoming and if you are lucky enough to be attended by Kathleen then you will be in for a great night.
Last time we ate there (Thursday this week) we both had the lobster thermidor and it was perfect.
We followed it up with the Brulee and Crepes for dessert which were both good.
Definately go there if you are looking for a nice dining experience.

1 Thank Garyjwills
Imthechef, Owner at Allure on Currumbin, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hi Garyjwills

Thanks for your great support and for taking the time to let other people know about us. We really appreciate it.

Thanks for your very sweet words about Kathleen and myself - we're thinking of cloning Kathleen (!), she's just wonderful and a real people person.

Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Currumbin
“You will not be dissapointed ... you'll be wowed.”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had reasonable expectations of a nice night with good food ... we were blown away ... fantastic food with perfect ambience and just the right amount of involvement from staff to make the evening a memorable experience ... the input was low key but when asked, their suggestions and their wine knowledge helped all level of diners .... would recommend to everyone :)

Hello Buzz B

Thanks for a beautiful review. I've passed your feedback onto everyone here already.

I'm glad you found the food "fantastic" and the ambience spot on. We work hard at getting the right balance for guests and do appreciate you letting us know how we go.

Have a happy Christmas if you're not in before then and take care.

Kind Regards

Brisbane, Australia
“Do yourself a favour, eat here!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

What can you say about Allure? Not one bad thing! From our welcome, our visit was perfection. This place is in a very unexpected location, but definitely worth the find. The staff are down to earth yet professional, friendly, helpful and knowledgable. The food was faultless. As a group of 3, we ordered 3 entrees and mentioned that we would like to share, as the scallop dish had only 2 scallops, rather than let us order 2 serves, they kindly added a 3rd scallop to the dish. The pâté was heaven, the quail ditto. Mains of steak, duck and chicken were all delicious and then dessert... A surprise birthday cake of profiteroles and intricately weaved sugar/toffee. I would highly recommend Allure to anyone looking for a relaxed fine dining experience. Enjoy!

Imthechef, Owner at Allure on Currumbin, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Hello Pommyfoodie

It's been a lovely hour or so responding to some lovely reviews and now I have yours which is the cherry on top! We love the restaurant, but being able to say "Thanks" to the customers who support us so well is a pleasure too.

So thanks to you for that and I'm so happy that you enjoyed your dining experience. The team work really hard and I'm so proud of them all - to know that what we're trying to achieve is so well received is wonderful.

Thanks again for sharing your experience at Allure so others might give us a try.

Best Regards

Gold Coast, Australia
“Delicious! Absolutely fantastic!”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Today we finally had the pleasure of eating lunch here for my mother's 70th birthday. She wanted to try a French restaurant, and even though I am a local, and I've driven past this restaurant many many times, I had no idea it was even French (Although when I left today I did see the big French flag out the front haha). I was a little unsure of what French cuisine would be like,(thinking everything would be cooked in butter and too rich in flavour) but I was more than pleasantly surprised, wow! Every meal was amazing to look at, what fantastic presentation, only surpassed by the beautiful flavours, yum! We had 8 guests at our table, and as I had no babysitter, I took along my 9 month old. Now I realise in many restaurants, bringing a baby or child along is not ideal, and I was unsure of how staff would react or cater for him/us. Well what was I so worried about? The staff immediately asked if I wanted a high chair, and even allowed me to bring in my pram (which I was able to position away from everyone else in the restaurant, I'm sure many other patrons didn't even realise I had the baby or the pram there). Baby fell asleep and we ate, drank and laughed for 3 hours. What a delightful way to celebrate a birthday, I can't believe it's taken me so long to go there, and although I so want to keep it my little secret restaurant, I can't, I have to share this so that others too can enjoy it as much as we did. Well done to all staff, Service was excellent, the staff were very attentive, friendly, polite, and made us feel very welcome, and to the chef - amazing, yum yum yum! We will be back and will highly recommend this restaurant! Thank you for helping make my mum's birthday such a memorable occasion.

Hi Clairhere

What a wonderful review! We're all so very pleased to have been able to play a small part on your mother's special day.

We all remember you of course (and your beautiful baby!) and thank you for taking the time to support us with your review.

Thanks for commenting on the service and the food and your 5 star ratings for everything are much appreciated.

It was a pleasure having you all and we're just so happy that you had such a lovely afternoon.

Thanks again.

Coolangatta, Australia
“Absolutely...”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We were looking for a nice place to have a quiet meal.. away from the noise of Surfers Paradise, on a warm, rainy november night.. Alure was perfect.
Cheryl, who had taken the phone booking earlier, made time for a little chat, what a wonderful host.
Service was excellent, we never wanted for anything but weren't interrupted at any time either.
The food (we had seafood) was the best I'd had anywhere.
We'll probably be back this weekend.

1 Thank Graeme C
Hello Graeme C

Wow Graeme - what a lovely review. Thank you for your very nice words. It's very gratifying to the entire team when we get such lovely feedback.

We aim to be attentive and friendly without being obtrusive - so nice of you to recognise that. I've passed on your feedback to the entire team already.

We hope to see you soon.

All the best.