Tripadvisor

from $88.16
from $43.05
from $136.00
3,320 results
All reviews bird show lorikeet feeding animal hospital segway tour mini train aboriginal dance koala experience australian animals small train train ride gold coin donation koala photo high ropes course australia zoo overseas visitors tree kangaroos the gold coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

there wasn’t much to see, very disappointed. A train every 20-30mins, no excitement, hardly any shows for feeding the animals on, over priced for what there is inside the park. I honestly expected more than to what was there, won’t be going again

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was by far one of the best experiences of my life. The sanctuary was amazing! My son & I booked the koala encounter. Our tour guide was extremely patient with our group and answered any questions we had. She took the time to educate us about these very special animals. She was fantastic! I have wanted to have this experience all of my life. I can’t express how wonderful it was to finally hold a koala! My teenage son really enjoyed being able to feed and pet the kangaroos and see a joey explore her new world. It was pretty cool to see the pelicans and eels being fed too. The sanctuary does such a nice job with keeping the grounds clean and everyone was so kind and willing to share their knowledge about the animals. They truly care about all of the animals! If you have a love for Australian wildlife, you don’t want to miss what the Currumbin has to offer!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our family recently visited CWS from the US as part of our Christmas vacation. We had a remarkable time and loved the experience and it was enhanced a hundred-fold by the CWS thoughtful team: Max, Melissa, Kylie and Jenny. They truly saved our family's visit to CWS from some disappointment.

We heard about this amazing wildlife sanctuary as a place where we could get up close and personal with the animals. That excited us and we booked a day trip from Sydney to Gold Coast to enjoy that experience with special emphasis on the Koala Experience. We are a family of (7) plus a baby and all of us were especially excited about the Koalas.

We arrived at 8:00 AM and as the day moved through the morning, enjoying the Lorikeets, Marrok the Dingo, Kangaroos, etc. I received an email that our flight back to Sydney at 6:45 PM that evening had been cancelled. The only way back to Sydney that night was to take an earlier flight. This was Christmas Eve and we were very anxious about availability and airline schedules. Fortunately, we were able to get on an earlier return. The part that saddened us was that our Koala Experience was scheduled for 3:15 PM and catching the earlier flight would mean missing the main draw to our being in Gold Coast that day; the up close time with the Koalas.

That's where Max came to the rescue. I went by Guest Services to see if we could maybe move up our Koala Experience time, knowing we had very little time to spare. As I stood in the queue with one of my daughters, Max came out from inside the building to greet us. He did not know we had a special request. He simply saw customers in line. I was completely impressed.

We explained our situation and Max listened and responded with such care. He advised that he would check with the Koala team that does the experience and see what he could do and asked us to have a seat and wait nearby. Less than 15 minutes later, Max returned and informed us that the Koala team could accommodate our need. That simply made our day and trip to Australia for that matter. Max was a hero.

At the Koala Experience, we met Melissa, Kylie and Jenny. They were all so nice and we felt that they genuinely cared about our situation. We never felt like our request was an imposition, even though I am sure we disrupted the schedule of their day. Melissa asked about our time schedule and made sure to give us the full experience, while also keeping track of the time to make sure we caught our shuttle to the airport. It never felt rushed and yes, we had put them in a tight spot to which they responded with brilliant customer service and an experience we will never forget. THANK YOU!

We so appreciate the kindness of Max, Melissa, Kylie and Jenny. They went out of their way to make sure we had the best possible experience on our visit...and we did.

Can I also share that while waiting at the airport gate to board our plane, I received a call from Max. He shared that our Koala photos were ready and offered to email those to me. He could have easily considered his job complete just by getting us into the Koala Experience but he didn't. He followed through to the smallest detail. We received our Koala pictures and they are a wonderful remembrance of our visit to CWS and our experience with Max and the Koala team.

What great people you have representing Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary! This experience is now a legend in our travel log.

Date of experience: December 2019
2  Thank S9633EEmichaelp
Reviewed January 10, 2020

We had a great family day out at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. It is easy to spend a whole day walking and catching the train around the sanctuary seeing all the Australian native animals. I highly recommend you take the time and watch the bird show, it really was fantastic with lots of big birds flying low down across the crowds of people. The kangaroo and wallaby enclosure was nice and big and you are able to get up close and personal with these friendly marsupials. The park is so large, with so much to do, you can easily go over two days (although they don't offer two day passes).

Reviewed January 9, 2020 via mobile

This place is one of the worst wildlife sanctuaries I’ve ever been to. First off, when you try and go to a see an animal enclosure or go to a cafe etc, there are very annoying trains and buggies riding around the place. The buggies don’t have horns or anything to beep anyone infront of them to warn them they just keep on going and they don’t even shout out something they just expect you to try and figure it out yourself. unbelievable! If you were to come here with a small child and let them just wander off a bit it is very dangerous they could possibly get badly injured if they get hit by the buggies or train. If you would like to feed a kangaroo you have to pay $4 for food and when you go and try to feed them they are just asleep and you wasted all your money and the staff in there just sit there on there phones and couldn’t care less. The crocodile show is appalling, you can’t even see anything because of the small, limited space. The food is extremely over priced ( 4 hotdogs come to over $80 dollars! ) the treetop experience is pretty good but I do have to say that it isn’t that safe. I got put in a group and the instructor went a head with 3 people from my group and when they finished I was still on the course and they just left and so did the instructor. I got left LAST on the tree tops and there was only one instructor left who was too busy looking on his phone and wasn’t looking after any of the people. I don’t think I’m going to come back here ever after what happened.

5  Thank BB_C0986