“Best early morning of our trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Currumbin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Voted one of the Gold Coast's most popular tourist destinations, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is the crown jewel of the National Trust of Australia (Queensland) [NTAQ] properties. As one of Queensland's earliest nature-based tourist destinations, the Sanctuary is a physical embodiment of everything the NTAQ represents: dedication to conserving our nation's Indigenous, natural and historic heritage and culture. With Blinky Bill now present for daily shows, the amazing viewing experiences available at the Wildlife Hospital and hundreds of native Australian animals on display in natural bushland and rainforest settings, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is the ultimate holiday adventure for the entire family.
Soo, Japan
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Best early morning of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went to Australia for 2 weeks, and this place was my favorite. We got there early as we only had one day with the communal car and we wanted to make the most of our day. We caught the end of the wild Lorikeet feeding. They were so bright, colorful, and hilarious to watch. Well, they funny until one peed on me while sitting my head. Still worth it though! Then we made our way into the park. We took our picture with an 18 month old Koala (this was on my bucket list). Then we caught some of the early shows. I highly recommend the magic show (it is adorable and funny for all ages) plus you get to take your picture with a rare Golden possum. Right after that you can go to the free flight birds of prey show next door. There is a place where you can walk around with kangaroos and touch them (another bucket list item), and the whole park is a sanctuary that is dedicated to rehabilitating animals. The animals at this park are either being helped, or can not be re-released. It is a non profit and the staff are volunteers. Everyone was really informative and helpful.
Go early!

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“very cool!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We got to take photos with a baby saltwater crocodile as well as a snake. Phototaking with the koalas are more expensive so we gave it a miss, but we did leave with lots of great photos of the koalas anyway :)

The magic show is great for kids, but not so much so for adults. There was a possum phototaking opportunity after the magic show though. Food is, as expected, expensive, and you have to be careful of the wild ibis roaming around. They are really persistent birds that will try to get to your food. It was quite tiring constantly being on a lookout for the birds while having lunch.

They also have lorikeet feeding sessions and what's great about them is that they are actually wild lorikeets. They are extremely used to humans and would stand on your arms, shoulders, head etc... The highlight for my boyfriend that day was taking a photo with a lorikeet on his shoulder and looking like a pirate ;) The highlight for me was getting the opportunity to hold a croc and to feed kangaroos! Warning though, you'll leave the area with kangaroo-spit-covered hands!

All proceeds go towards the santuary, and as it is a non-profit organisation, we were more than happy to buy a few photos from them (they aren't expensive anyway).

I would definitely recommend visiting this place if you haven't.

Melbourne, Australia
“Great day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

What a great day we had at the Sanctuary. Starting off with the Lorrikeet feeding. Now hoping the deposit one of the birds left in my hair on my top - brings me good luck as it supposed to be.
The Bird flight show was amazing. Having decided to have my pic with an Eagle was the best decision I have made in a long time. My friend, chose the Barn own & Eagle.
Kylie was the animal handler and the service she provided was the best I have had in a many a long day. Very professional, you should clone her.
Can't wait to go back again.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Was just OK..!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I did this using the iventure card. It wasn't that great. The sanctuary I mean. The main highlight was the koala photo And kangaroo feeding.
But what was amazing was the Green Challenge adventure parc. That was absolutely amazing. We were doing something like that for the first time so it was real fun.
Other than that it was just ok. I've seen better in other places.

Visited August 2013
Currumbin_Sanctuary, Director of Sales at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback, we are glad that you discovered the Adventure Parc high ropes course as this is a fantastic experience at Currumbin as mentioned, on top of the obvious highlights of our Koala’s and Kangaroos the High ropes is fast becoming one of the must do activities here at Currumbin. We also hope that you got to see some of the 13 shows that operate daily as we regularly receive great feedback about the Simply Magic show, Australiana show and the Free Flight Bird show as well.

Once again thanks for taking the time to provide the feedback, we hope to see you again swinging through the trees at Currumbin!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Photos with Koalas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

We enjoyed visiting Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. It was great seeing indigenous animals in their natural environment. The best of all was being allowed to touch and hold the koalas (paid pictures) and kangaroos (free). We also learnt the difference between kangaroos and wallabies. We saw a huge iguana crossing our pathway and were able to get nice close-up pictures of it. Young and old made use of the little train which made regular stops at the various points. Discount coupons are available on the net and in some of the free tourist magazines.

Visited July 2013