“Great Experience!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Currumbin
Eden Health Retreat
Armidale, Australia
“Great Experience!!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I spent 12 days at Camp Eden in January. I deliberately waited to write a review because so often after a holiday, your first day back at work is like "What holiday?". That is definitely not the case with Camp Eden. I can honestly say that I haven't felt this good in a long time, and it is 4 months since I was there. I ate fantastic food - thanks Blair and Kate - met some fantastic people, threw myself into the classes and activities and enjoyed some really great treatments. The staff are fantastic, with Stuart at the helm, the facilities are first class and the ambience of the place just makes you want to stay, or keep going back. I went to Camp Eden to hopefully kick-start a healthier life-style. It has definitely done that. Thanks to Camp Eden, I am a healthier, more energetic, much happier person.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a bath - I didn't and I regretted it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank Helen T

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Gold Coast
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I recently stayed at Eden for 5 days and what an incredible experience. Eden caters to a variety of experiences from health and fitness to personal development or just a bliss out and recharge from everyday life. The staff are amazing and the food.....forget about it, every meal and snack is a gastronomical delight (learning to make Blair's ice cream and chocolate drink is a highlight). The program of activities captures the essence of mind, body & spirit, and the treatment program is second to none. I will be returning in the future and look forward to my next Eden experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Elise H
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have just spent 5 nights at Eden retreat and wish I had have done the 7 night package, what an amazing spot! As a busy mum of 2 toddlers I really felt run down and a little overwhelmed after a few bad months last year, and just could not pick myself up, I really felt like I was running on 2 cylinders. Now a week after I have left I still totally amazing both in mind and body, I feel alive again. Thank you to all of the amazing staff (the beautiful caretakers who even left Birds of Paradise flowers in the towelling!), the super funny groundsman John, the awesome chefs Blair and Kate, our super amazing therapists (beauty, massage, healing, remedial, the list goes on!), and the most amazing couple Frank & Nicky, Ha, Ha, Ha! (You'll get it when you go there!!). So if you need some me time and want to eat amazingly healthy food and get in your incidental exercise, then head to Eden, it really is that good.

Room Tip: Select in the middle or lower level, if you want extra exercise or extra quiet pick a 'top"...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Amber073
Melbourne
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have just spent five days at Eden and believe me, it is truly Heaven on Earth! I cannot fault it. The food was sensational - all organic and absolutely delicious! The accommodation was beautiful and peaceful. There was so much to do from morning until night but no pressure whatsoever to do everything. I loved the rainforest surrounds, the lovely people I met, the fabulous meals and the range of activities all day. I cannot wait to get back to Eden. It was a truly relaxing experience.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful but Eden Sanctuary rooms are definitely the best in terms of location and co...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Veronica36
Irish in Australia
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Camp Eden is my new sanctuary... From the moment I was picked up my luxury car at the airport I started to unwind. After 1 day I felt like a new woman. After 5 days I wasnt ready to leave so I extended my trip. In essence camp eden is about focusing on you and what you need, in a beautiful surrounding with amazing food & luxurious accommodation. Some people staying at the same time as me where there to lose weight, detox, quit smoking, recover from serious illness, get in touch with themselves again, prepare for the arrival of their first baby (relax/sleep), time out from family/kids, personally I needed to disconnect & de-stress.

I had a share room overlooking the hinderland - it was so peaceful all you could hear was the birds chirping or the wind moving through the trees. The room was very spacious, with a big bathroom, a great big bath for relaxing in & a build in laundry just in case. Every night an itinerary for the next day was left at my door - it was so nice to have someone else plan what I would do/when. Best of all I could opt in or out of everything & chose to relax by the swimming pool or take a sauna instead of following the program.

The morning started with a wake up call from the most energetic person I have ever met in my life – thank you Frank - he also led the qi gong class (stretching & breathing) followed by a brisk morning walk through the local forest to get the blood following all before breakfast. The rest of the day was a combination of group activities like yoga, pilates, flying fox, personal treatments in the spa, consultations with Chinese doctor etc. In the afternoon there was a development course which focused on becoming the person you wanted to be. Every evening there was something planned.

The food was divine it was all organic, locally produced and bursting with flavour. Every dietary requirement was catered for raw, vegan, allergies etc They have the best collection of herbal tea’s I’ve even seen.

The staff are fantastic, the ultimate examples of living a stress free, fulfilled life. They are happy to help and support you through whatever you need. Most play a couple of roles at the camp and know what its like to lead a busy stressful life, run a business, rear children etc so they can related and understand what you are going through.

I left Camp Eden a completely different person and can credit my change in lifestyle, change in attitude and new career path to my time there. I'm already planning my next visit.

Be warned there is no bar, no coffee, no tv etc this is a place to disconnect and recharge.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank AoifeBr
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Camp Eden was magical. From the moment you enter gate you feel you are in a wonderful place. The grounds are lush with a stream and waterfall running through the property. The gym and pool area is well equipped and the activities are plentiful. You can do as little or as much as you like but if you want to make the most of your stay dive in to the activities and reap the rewards. The accommodation is comfortable with beautiful views and a great bathroom with deep bath which was good to soak in after a days exercise.
The staff are fabulous and made me feel well supported especially when taking on a few new challenges. The food is super healthy and just right. Overall a wonderful experience and a great place to recharge.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Adventuresofpip
Greater Hobart, Australia
Reviewed February 26, 2013

It's easy to become addicted ...the food is excellent,the accommodation is 5 star in a rainforest ,the property is looked after like an international golf course and the instructors and counsellors are the most approachable and knowledgeable I've come across in my sixty plus years.
If you are there to give up smoking or lose weight or get in touch with your estranged self or all of these,Camp Eden makes it possible in a gentle ,enjoyable,empowering way.
If you just want to rest,try something different,open yourself up to possibilities,perhaps change something which isn't broken,just for the hell of it,this is the place to get rid of your jaded self.
A MUST TRY!

Room Tip: Go for rooms 14 to 18...these are the best locations.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bernard C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Currumbin
Nirvana By The Sea
Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat
Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat
#1 of 1 in Upper Crystal Creek
The Mouses House Rainforest Retreat

Been to Eden Health Retreat? Share your experiences!