I stayed at this hotel in Sept 2013 for work. The hotel is about a 15 minute drive from Broadbeach in a pleasantly quiet location.
I had to amend my booking and arrive a day earlier, calling up to make the change was no hassle at all. There is ample undercover parking (watch out for bird poop on the ground, it will end up on your car overnight) and on street parking.
The rooms are spread out between many buildings so it seems like there are not many people around. The room itself was very tidy and spacious enough, there was the standard features such as; flat screen tv, electronic safe, kettle, bar fridge, sofa, coffee table, study table, chairs, table and chairs on balcony and air con with full control. The room service was served in a timely manner and delicious. The room turndown was consistent and well done, the toiletries were replenished daily.
The few downsides to the hotel were;
The shower partition needs to be longer, water always splashed onto floor.
Bathtub on the small side but by no means is it tiny.
Better noise isolation needs to be done at entrance door, could clearly hear people walking past.
Bathroom needs a little bit of refurbishment.
Short drive to restaurants or shopping centres.
Other than those points the hotel is great.
The buffet breakfast had a good variety but could be more diverse, nonetheless it was still delicious.
What really stood out to me at this hotel was the professionalism and friendliness of the staff.
I had the privilege to work at this hotel in August on a week long conference, the staff were professional and more than happy to accommodate changes and any issues that arose were dealt with immediately.
This a great hotel with good value for money. I would not hesitate to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of it all - just minutes from beautiful Gold Coast beaches and renowned golf courses, Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, world class shopping and sporting stadiums - Mercure Gold Coast Resort is perfectly positioned for your business trip or next holiday. This beautifully appointed resort is one of the top choices on the Gold Coast for relaxing, unwinding and rejuvenating away from the hustle and bustle of the city. When planning where to stay on the Gold Coast, for a fun family holiday with the kids, sneaking away for a romantic couples' escape or teeing off on a golf weekend - no hotel makes you feel more at home than Mercure Gold Coast Resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Gold Coast Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Resort Gold Coast Hotel Carrara
- Radisson Gold Coast
- Radisson Hotel Carrara
- Radisson Carrara
- Carrara Radisson
- Mercure Gold Coast Resort Carrara