“Consistant Goldie.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Carrara
Reviewed August 24, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Write a ReviewReviews (1,294)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I paid upfront for four nights here but only stayed one as I was so miserable here. When I booked, I was told it was walking distance to Pacific Fair and that there was a free shuttle bus to take me there if I didn't want to walk. I tried walking there the first day to buy food and it was around 7km and there were no foot paths for a majority of that walk. That night, at 3:15am a group of about 20-30 people arrived and were dragging their bags across the cobbled paths and up stairs for approx 10 mins. The next day I called valet to find out how to book a trip on the shuttle bus (as it said to do in the in-room information booklet) - the first gentleman didn't know what I was talking about and passed me on to someone else, the second told me that they no longer ran that service. There was a public bus stop about a 10 min walk away which went to Pacific Fair that departed every hour. However I made the return journey after dark only to be dropped of nowhere near any traffic lights or safe places to cross the highway. And once I did get back to the right side of the road I had to walk back up to the hotel in the dark as there are no lights along that path. I felt very unsafe and uncomfortable so I booked a different hotel called a taxi and checked out straight away. The staff were all lovely, professional and helpful. The heated pool was beautiful and well maintained. This hotel would definitely suit golfers and those who like dead quiet places - not my taste at all unfortunately.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank BBretnall
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed here for 1 night but for me that was enough! Unfortunately the room I was in was a bit tired and out dated and there was a terrible stench coming from the A/C unit. Housekeeping brought down some glen20 but we were not able to use the A/C at all which led to a very uncomfortable nights sleep, or lack there of!! But apart from the room and uncomfy bed and loud music playing til midnight the rest of the resort seemed lovely especially the pool area. I would basically only recommend this resort for people wishing to use the adjoining golf course as it is a long way from everything else the Gold Coast has to offer holiday makers.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank VoucherQueen101
Reviewed August 5, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dennis A
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I recently decided to help my 6 year old daughter tick something off her bucket list by arranging a surprise visit to Movieworld on the Gold Coast.

As the theme park was clearly the focus of this trip the multitude of attractions in Surfers itself was not important. What I needed was good, economical accommodation and not much else.

A check of options via an online booking site delivered the expected plethora of accommodation options in every conceivable configuration, standard and price, including one which I'd seen before and previously dismissed due to its location at Cararra, a suburb one can safely say is NOT within a stones throw of Main Beach.

The priority (and subsequent attraction) of this option was the price and, even though this was the Mercure Gold Coast Resort, I had little expectation beyond this being a nice, clean bed for the night.

Finding this place was a little daunting. I was in a rented car, at night, travelling north on the Pacific Motorway and not the well lit Gold Coast Highway one usually uses to access Surfers Paradise.

But find it I did and, upon swinging into the main entrance, became suddenly aware that this place was far more expansive, polished and inviting than I'd expected.

The Mercure Gold Coast Resort is built around the Palm Meadows golf course and is comprised of accommodation "wings" with a main building housing the reception, restaurant, bar, shop and conference facilities. There's a gym, day spa, tennis courts and one of the better heated pool/spa areas I've encountered (with striking blue strip lighting, raised decks and fashionable, quality outdoor furniture).

The room (a garden spa suite) contained, not surprisingly, a corner spa in the bathroom. The room itself is immaculate. It contained two large beds, flat screen television, mood lighting, a study desk and plenty of storage. It was very spacious and inviting. The air conditioning worked well. There was a small courtyard area with table and chairs, and a screen afforded some privacy.

The bed (complete with pillow menu) was surprisingly comfortable. In fact, I would go so far as to say it was probably the most comfortable bed Ive slept in during five years of corporate travel all around the country. An unexpected and delightful surprise.

The same can be said of room service which, despite a reasonably limited offering, arrived on time, hot, well prepared and delicious on both occasions. In what appears to be a recent initiative there is no mini bar selection. However, there is a well stock lobby shop for snacks and drinks can be ordered with room service, you just need to ask (I got the impression any drink would have been no problem).

Add to this the fact that there is abundant, and free, undercover parking, and you have the ingredients for a really satisfying, enjoyable and economical stay.

But what really stood out for me were the staff. From the moment we arrived, everyone we encountered was genuinely warm and absolutely lovely. Reception went out of their way to help me when my daughter suffered a small cut during her day out. Michael, the concierge, was at my door with replacement batteries for the tv remote within 2 minutes of calling reception.

The restaurant staff (in the middle of the usual frenetic buffet breakfast onslaught) were engaging, delightful and pleasant, as were the staff in the lobby shop. And Ive already mentioned the efficiency of room service.

After checking out (in daylight) I realised that there was every conceivable service (from chemist to McDonalds) within a five minute drive of the resort and that, despite its location, it was actually quite convenient - 25 minutes to the airport, slightly less to the theme parks and an easy run to the beach heading east.

Would I stay here again? Well, should I need to visit the Gold Coast again (and I suspect that I will as there are three other theme parks to tick off that bucket list) I will absolutely be checking out what the Mercure has to offer in terms of rates. If I can secure a similar deal to that which I enjoyed this time, I would say that the Mercure Gold Coast Resort is guaranteed my patronage after this experience.

A real find.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jas O
Reviewed August 4, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicolette_9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carrara
RACV Royal Pines Resort Gold Coast
#10 of 33 in Surfers Paradise
Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast
Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast
#7 of 33 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Mercure Gold Coast Resort? Share your experiences!