“Only for a quick stop”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Labrador
Caves Beach, Australia
“Only for a quick stop”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

The price was over the top for the room we stayed in. There was nothing there but a bed which was as hard as a rock, a bar fridge and kettle, 2 towels and a TV. The wifi did not work. You could not order breakfast, so before we could leave we had to fine somewhere to eat. It is on a busy highway so there is some noise. The owner was lovely, but once he got our money that was all the help we received. The upside was that we walked 10 minutes down the road and found a great Italian Restaurant (Vinnies).

Room Tip: As far away from the highway as possible
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JaniceThomas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Motel looks nothing like its glossy website pictures. It is old and dated sitting on the very busy Gold Coast Highway. Proprietor told me he'd had to move people around to accommodate my request for a ground unit (I had two young children with cots etc). Um why tell me that?? Then I was given the front unit, right beside that busy highway. The room had NO kitchen facilities. ie no microwave, only a bar fridge, no cutlery or crockery other than tea and coffee service. I'd specifically told the proprietor I had a baby. He did not tell me there were no kitchen facilities ie I had no way to heat bottles or feed my toddler. It was a joke and at the cost for one night I was appalled. I had two vehicles which he told me only one could park in the complex. Never mind there was plenty of parking. We had to move one to a side street somewhere. Impossible on marine parade. We left and spent the night elsewhere doubling the one night accommodation cost. When I spoke to him the next day about the lack of facilities he blamed me for being a NZer and expecting too much as he'd heard 'motels' in NZ do supply kitchen facilities. He then said I could've asked for a microwave. What!! Who asks 'can you supply me a microwave please?' He didn't give a toss about us or the service I paid a lot of money to have him provide It is exceptionally bad value for the money and the unapologetic proprietor rides the coat tails of a captive tourist market on the gold coast. I would not recommend this motel if it was the last one available on the gold coast.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank B H

Travelers are raving about these Labrador hotels

Mullumbimby, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

After a long day at work and a couple of experiences with other motel management on this road I was lucky enough to find The Limassol.
The gentleman was friendly, welcoming and professional.
The room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable.
There was a little road noise but what else do you expect on the Gold Coast.
Just what customer service should be.

Room Tip: All rooms have a little traffic noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

My mum stayed here last week & was very happy with her stay in this facility that she called me to write a positive review on her behalf. She found the room to be spacious, clean and service very friendly. She also said she would and will come back.

• Stayed September 2012
Hunter Valley, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

Came down to the coast for a very quick trip and decided to stay the night at a cheaper end motel, what a pleasant stay very friendly staff all family run, the room was clean and tidy and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed September 2011
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed here recently and thought it was quite good at first. The room was well maintained and clean, milk in jug provided instead of UHT milk. No bath however in bathroom. Be careful with picture on this site, the door does not open onto a lovely forest but a cement carpark. There was a steady hum of traffic from the Gold Coast Hway outside. Not much choice for room service breakfast however its a five minute walk to a few cafes on cnr of Marine Pde & Imperial Ave.
I did think it was let down by the service when booking the airport shuttle. I was advised by the owner that I would need a flight number, which I did not have so I went to my room to call to get it, then came back and he had shut up reception! When making the booking insisted I take an earlier shuttle than I needed to as "needed to be out of the room by 10am." (Arrived ridiculously early at the airport as a result.) Then told me sternly how lucky I was to get a booking as the shuttle needs 24hrs notice to make a booking. This was a mid-week booking and I think the shuttle was lucky to sell 2 more seats, only 4 other passengers on a huge bus.
Overall would not bother to stay again, plenty of accomodation on the Gold Coast competing for your business.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank T2T683
Also consider these accommodations in or near Labrador
Novotel Surfers Paradise
Jadran Motel & El Jay Holiday Lodge
Earls Court Motor Inn
Earls Court Motor Inn
#2 of 4 in Southport

Been to Limassol Motel? Share your experiences!