We stayed here for 5 nights, originally for the Gold Coast Marathon. It's on the route so we could watch the runners from the balcony.
We had a "sea view" room with a nice view over the water. There was a great lagoon for our kids across the road with some playgrounds in the park. The kids were down there every morning! The room caught the winter sun being north-east facing, so it was nice and warming in the morning.
The hotel does have a pub and restaurant downstairs, so it was noisy on Friday and Saturday nights. We requested a higher apartment by email and they responded the next day and place us on level 10. We could still hear the street noise in the early hours or the morning, but not too loud. I would not like to have been on the lower levels... mid-week was fine as the pub is quiet.
The second bedroom does not have a proper door/wall, just sliding shutters. They can be closed, but you can't make too much noise when the kids are in bed.
All-in-all a nice relaxing stay. Staff were friendly and location was better that expected due to the lagoon and park across the road. There were also a few restaurants, an ice cream shop and a "7-11" about 5 mins walk south which was handy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the shores of the magnificent Gold Coast Broadwater, the Grand Apartments have uninterrupted views of the Gold Coast Skyline and lush tropical hinterland. The spacious one and two bedroom apartments are perfect for families as well as longer staying guests looking for a contemporary home away from home on the Gold Coast. Conveniently located in a tranquil beachfront position, just north of Surfers Paradise, the Grand Apartments are just a short drive or bus ride to the Gold Coast’s famous surf beaches, theme parks, attractions and major shopping centres. Within strolling distance of the resort is a myriad of cafes and restaurants, scenic beach side boardwalks, parks and an all-season swimming lagoon. But you don’t have to leave the grounds for a great holiday experience. The Grand Apartments feature a breathtaking infinity-edge swimming pool with heated spa, decorative waterfall and stunning Broadwater views. There’s also a fully equipped gymnasium, sauna, steam room and games room for the children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Grand Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Apartments Hotel Labrador
- Grand Apartments Labrador
- Grand Apartments Hotel Labrador
- The Grand Apartments Labrador, Gold Coast, Australia