“Relaxing family lunch to celebrate a birthday”
Review of Kokonut Willy's

Kokonut Willy's
Ranked #12 of 61 Restaurants in Labrador
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Very welcoming and helpful waitress seated our party. Menu was extensive and the prices were good. Waitress who took our orders stood at one end of the long table, as there were 11 of us, instead of moving around and therefore misheard an order. Food came out in good time considering how busy they were. Portion sizes were generous and the quality of the food was excellent. We all enjoyed the food and atmosphere. The barman was unprofessional and didnt seem to want to be there. Would definitely head back soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Good choice on the menu, and very accommodating helpful staff (Harry?) We ate here 4 times during our week long stay in Labrador so it must be alright! Only grumble was that maybe they could turn the lights up just a touch so you can see your dinner

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were looking for a simple pub meal and even though it looked a bit pricey for the food on the menu, decided to give it a go as we had a hungry 2 yo with us!
Wish we had kept walking!!
Think you can't go wrong with a burger, think again! Dry, tasteless and in the words of my husband "the worst burger I've ever eaten", I had a pizza, at $25 I was expecting something pretty impressive....it was very disappointing, again dry, and I could only choke down 2 slices!
I did complain and was offered something else, but seriously, there was nothing else I wanted to take a chance on.
The wait staff gave the impression they hated their job, and maybe they do, but who wants attitude spoiling their overpriced meal?
I ordered a kids meal and on leaving had to ask for the complimentary play pack, which would have been helpful at the start of the meal to keep our little boy amused while we waited for the meal.
In summary, a huge waste of money, bad food, overpriced and very disappointing!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Grand Hotel just looks like a vacation hotel should look, I felt in holiday mode as soon as I saw it. We managed to scrounge a table although we hadn't booked and the waitress brought the kids some "kids menu" colouring packs which was a nice thought... except we didn't really want to order from the kids' selection... oh well. It was a Saturday night and quite busy but they only had one person on the bar handling drinks for both the bar and the restaurant. Requested water never came, kids drinks had to be ordered several times. Food was pretty average bar-style food a la "Hogs Breath" etc. As the kids drinks never came we figured their included dessert wouldn't either so we just left without it. Cashier at the payment point was lovely and very friendly though so that was a nice last impression on the way out. Mixed bag really.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

The staff at this restaurant and bar were fantastic! We arrived late and they looked after us to no end. Great meal sizes and variety and very good value for money! My Pork spare ribs were huge in serving size!

Thank you for a great night of good food! We'll be back again.