“Okay for a brief stop”
Review of Broadwater Motel

Broadwater Motel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Labrador
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed here as a stop over for two nights. The lady at reception was less than pleasant and the room was standard. Stained carpet and worn bed covers. Bathroom was a suitable size. Hotel is quick driving distance to shops and beaches.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lozzymags

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Not one of the best places I've stayed. We were in a 'family suite' which was the size of a shoe box. Tiny, and I mean tiny bathroom and at $150.00 au per night Not worth the money. Only 3 coffee sticks horrible fold out beds that pool in the pictures, Misleading... Majorly!! I wouldn't bother with this motel at all. Pay a bit extra and go somewhere else. I wish I had of.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Cuppy C
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Needed a short term, last minute room so this was the option. On the main drag, relatively new so it's appearance inside is still clean BUT it's OH SO basic! No milk in fridge for coffee, only 3 little coffee sachets. Neither of us are big or large people so when we had trouble turning around in the shower I can only imagine what a problem it would be for a taller, larger person. They have a "pool" that would fit 8-10 people provided you didn't want to do anything but stand in the water.

If you are passing through and simply need a place to crash, I would say yes. If you are looking for a holiday then NO. I'm glad I didn't pay full rates or we'd REALLY be Pi$$ed off. So long as you can put up with the old lady (mother?) shouting at the young guy (son?) and are happy with BASIC things, ok they work but chipped cups etc, etc, just not what they advertise.

Room Tip: Got kids, look elsewhere!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SandD4810
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Booked over the phone with very friendly lady, got there and a guy was on reception I paid for room in cash and $150 bond in cash not a problem and requested a ground floor room which I got very friendly staff from what I experienced. Motel complex very new, room was great very clean and modern, bed was very comfortable and just right amount of bed covers and all smelt very clen and fresh and Toiletries in bathroom. Great having a bedside clock and light switch. In morning there were enough tea and coffee and sugar sachets if you needed more I am sure the friendly staff would oblige, but was enough there for the night and morning. Whilst there was no milk pods in the fridge for the tea or coffee I just asked the lady this morning and she was very helpful and gave me a jug with enough milk for my 2 cups of tea, When I went to wash up the cup I noticed even how clean the shelf under the sink was spotless the cleaning staff do a great job here.
This place has great parking and is only about 10 mins drive to surfers.
The only improvements I could suggest are maybe 2 extra pillows in the closet in case people like 2 pillows each instead of one but the two on the bed are very comfy. The only other thing is no milk in the room for tea and coffee but at the great rates they offer I can understand but would be more than happy to be offered to purchase some milk pods on checkin.
Overall a fantastic place to stay, friendly staff, close to water and paces to eat and very clean.
I would recommend to anyone and definitely will be back.

Room Tip: You can book ground floor if you like, very clean, modern, friendly staff, 10 mins drive to surfers...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I choose this motel from many that line this road as it looked modern and well cared for.
But I got no further than reception. The staff were not merely unhlepful they were down right rude. The problem it appeared was that I wanted to pay in cash.
The 'Manager' who i didn't see but who was shouting from the back room wanted another $200 in cash as a deposit.
The receptionist ( his wife I presume because nobody else would put up with being balled at like that ) was almost as rude and off hand.
I walked at this point....no wonder they were one of the few places with vacancies.
If there was an option for giving minus stars I would.
In a customer service industry I would expect some customer service.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Tracey D
Reviewed July 3, 2011

We stayed in June 2011 and found that we could not book this motel directly online from their website. We thought that was a bit odd! We ended up booking our room through wotif.com

While the motel is located on a main road, the traffic did not bother us and we found that there were plenty of nearby restaurants to choose from for dinner.

There was a nice pool to cool off in and the parking was easy to access.

Bedding wise, the queen size bed was comfortable, however our son had a terrible night’s sleep on the fold out couch. It appeared to be of very poor quality.

The kitchenette as described on their website is misleading. Despite the website showing a microwave oven, we were disappointed to find that our room did not have one. This totally stuffed up our porridge & hot milo breakfast plans!

We were limited to one cup of tea or coffee each, as only one sachet per person was provided. A bit stingy! To top off our caffeine deprivation, we discovered that the tea cups were all dirty; unwashed with tea stains from the previous occupants!

While the bathroom was spacious, it was annoying to find no hooks or shelves to put our clothes on while showering.

Overall the motel had nice décor and the receptionists were friendly, but it fell short of offering good value for money and I would definitely not recommend anyone to sleep on the fold out beds.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DormouseTidings
Reviewed January 24, 2011

At the end of our two week holiday I booked into Broadwater Motel via wotif. Located right on the highway and was very easy to find. The office was locked when we arrived which caused about 5 minutes of panic (never had that happen before) however the manager turned up and was very friendly and helpful.

The room was a family suite - Queen bed with double and single fold out sofas. Queen bed was lovely however the double fold out was only inches wider than the single which meant a night on the floor for me and my daughter after we removed the mattress and cushions for a much better nights sleep than the first.

The small saltwater pool was a delight. Perfect size to chill out with the kids. Right next door is a trio of restaurants which all have a takeaway menu. Indian, Japanese & Italian - my favourites!!! The pizza at the Italian restaurant was supremo!!!

All in all it was a pleasant stay. :o)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank kimberleyerin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Labrador
0 mi away
Jadran Motel & El Jay Holiday Lodge
Earls Court Motor Inn
Earls Court Motor Inn
#2 of 4 in Southport

Been to Broadwater Motel? Share your experiences!