“let down” 1 of 5 bubbles

Broadwater Keys Holiday Apartments
Christchurch, New Zealand
“let down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

we stayed her on my first trip to the goldcoast in 2007, the fact that it poored down with rain for 7 days staright didnt help the shocking accommodation that the broadwater keys offered, we booked thru a travel agent in new zealand which turned out to be our first mistake, the room we got was a tiny studio apartment that was damp, the unit look as tho it hadnt been serviced for a while dust & deap bugs around the place like it had been sprayed & locked up & left, it was too far from anything on the gold coast & the fact it was continuous rain we couldnt really leave the unit alot ( no fault of the hotel i know) but the fact that the unit was so small & tired & out dated it made for a very unenjoyable stay

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beamernz04

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

my 3 friends and I were there in November for a week and our room was without aircond. but still, the weather was chilly so it wasn't a really major problem.

the place was clean and we were satisfied with our room. it has a washing machine and a dryer.

in terms of location, it was rather far from the Surfers Paradise town. but with the efficient bus system (the bus stop is just outside the motel), it was not a problem for us. if you're thinking of having a sea breeze or strolling by the beach, it's just within walking distance.

the drawback was one of the staff has a really bad command in English and unfriendly. we had trouble of asking for her help to get around town the first day we arrived.

overall, the motel was pretty decent for travelers who are looking for a place outside the hustle of the Surfers Paradise town.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank thegulagula
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

We had a family of 3 stay here and we we very disappointed with our stay. The rooms were in much need of maintenance eg paint was peeling off walls,fridge was not working properly,shower screen was falling off,had to lift each glass section to close door.OH & S issue I would believe. We were told we would have to pay extra each night if we wanted airconditioning and we were supplied 2 rolls of toilet paper for 3 of us for 6 days only to be told once again we would have to pay extra for toilet paper !!!! Visited woolies for that one. Parking was a nightmare which were carports which could barely fit 2 cars in each space so it was off street parking for us a majority of the time. Overall the unit was affordable and with a little bit of time and effort they could improve the apartments greatly. And as the saying goes YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR !!!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank travelmum34

Travelers are raving about these Labrador hotels

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

We have stayed at Broadwater Keys about 6 times in the past 2 years to visit family.

Ground floor plus 2 levels of rooms - they are simple, basic, and a little old - but at $60 - $90 per night (depending on season etc), they are excellent for what we needed.

Don't know how they'd go for a holiday or with kids, but for a couple seeking acccom in the area, they suit us perfectly.

The service is pretty poor really, but the rooms are actually better than we thought they would be. We have been in six different rooms, and have slept easily each time.

There is a pool (never been in it), and worthwhile asking for a ground floor unit (to avoid the stairs !!).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RGSCEW
Gold Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2010

my family had a most enjoyable stay at this motel. The rooms are spacious and very clean, the staff are excellent and happy to book tours for you etc and even arrange babysitters.
The pool area is great with a large pool and BBQ area.
They are close to some fine restaurants and the bus is right outside the door.
We had a great time

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank PepetualTraveller10
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2010

We had trouble the minute we arrived, we didnt get the room we had booked, my son SLEPT ON THE FLOOR we were told we would be discounted for being placed in a smaller room we have 4 children plus 2 adults 2 of the kids had to sleep together and my oldest had a matress on the floor. when we checked out not only did we not get discounted but we were over charged as to what it quoted on the internet by $40.00 when questioned we were shown the receipt that they charged to the mastercard on check-in stateing no refund after chek-in the bedhead was dirty and the room had dirty marks all over the walls and cupbords just horrid never again.Not only would we not recommend brookwater keys to family and friends I would not allow my animals to stay there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Debralessonlearnt
Gold Coast
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2009

My trip to the Broadwater Keys "Holiday" Apartments was a complete disaster from the time I checked in, travelling alone visiting family on the Gold Coast, this motel was the perfect location. On check in, I was asked if I would like a airconditioned room, this however is not included in the room price, but is a extra $5.00 per night, thinking that this was a fair price, I agreed and paid $35.00 for my complete 7 day stay. Once I found my room with poor direction from management, I was greeted with a wet floor covered with towels and a freshly defrosted fridge freezer, there was no airconditioning unit in the room, and the room had a thick layer of dust. After heading back to the check-in office, the manager promptly advised that this was the only room available and apologised for no airconditioning. As many would know, the Gold Coast is known for its warm summer weather so airconditioning is a must. After exploring the beautiful Broadwater and returning to my room, I thought it was time for a swim, the pool however does not get cleaned on a regular basis and is a nice greeny colour. A couple of days into my stay, had realised that my room had not been services, and I had not recieve fresh towels, after another trip to te check-in office, I was assured my room would be serviced the next day, so did not worry about extra towels. The following night, my room had not been serviced, I made another trip to the check-in office and was advised my room would not be serviced until I was checked out. I then asked the manager for clean towels, and was advised that this would cost an extra $2.00 for each towel. This is just a few small things, there is many more hidden extras but at the end of the day, I am glad to be back home in comfort. I would not recommend thi motel, there are plenty of others in this area, next time I will do more investigation.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank mount2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Labrador
Limassol Motel
Blue Waters Apartments
Blue Waters Apartments
#2 of 7 in Labrador
Jadran Motel & El Jay Holiday Lodge

Been to Broadwater Keys Holiday Apartments? Share your experiences!