Being in Labrador was perfect - close enough to all the attractions of the Gold Coast without being caught up in all the noise and chaos! Surprisingly busy and noisy road though.
We were due to arrive outside of office hours and very efficiently and effectively, they kindly arranged the collection of keys etc for us and we then "checked-in" the following morning.
Accommodation was basic but comfortable and reasonably clean. (Kind of like CentreParcs)
There is a pool, spa pool (mis-used every day by kids while we were there), games room, and bikes / kayaks to hire for free. It was a great shame that everything was shut so early (pool, bikes etc). No evening use at all - not even just for adults.
The internet was appalling. It was through "iROOM" who, I think, do a lot of internet provision for hotels etc. It was really poor and we learned that several other people had complained that week - so much so that we believe the resort is going to consider alternative arrangements. (The resort does have its own internet kiosk in the club lounge which is separate and coin operated). 40$ AUS
for the week.
There are plenty of leaflets and vouchers for nearby attractions.
Car parking is in a secure basement. Lots of stairs (no lifts) if you're on the top floor! Lovely views over the water from the private balconies (one from the lounge area, one from master bedroom) with chairs and tables - breakfast outside in the sun!
Laundry washing liquid sachets was provided which was a really nice touch (washing machine and dryer in the bathroom). Separate toilet - fantastic idea!!!!
Could have done with an extra set of drawers in the master bedroom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Overlooking the fabulous Broadwater" Golden Shores Holiday Club is located on the fabulous Broadwater. The resort itself consists of 16 spacious fully self contained two bedroom apartments and is only minutes from Surfers Paradise, cinemas, shopping centres, restaurants and Gold Coast Theme Parks. If you prefer to relax, you can soak in the sun by the pool or take a stroll through the Friday night beach markets in Surfers Paradise. For the more adventurous holiday makers, a Bungee Jump or hike through the Hinterland may be more your style. The dedicated resident managers will ensure that your holiday is a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Golden Shores Holiday Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Shores Holiday Club Hotel Labrador
- Golden Shores Holiday Club Labrador, Gold Coast, Australia