InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort
$116
$105
$91
$88
Gold Coast Holiday Park & Motel(Helensvale)(Great Value!)
$105
$102
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
1,288 results
All reviewslagoon poolmarina villageclub roomfireplace restaurantmain buildingthe gold coastman made beachgolf buggyqueenslander suitebuffet breakfastrelaxing stayhigh teaduty managera bit tiredan upgradecafes and restaurantsmovie world
Reviewed April 4, 2014

From the moment we arrived for our four day stay until the day we departed we were made to feel special. The friendly caring attitude of the staff and their willingness to help out in any way was fantastic. Always smiling, it was obvious they all loved their jobs, no grumpiness here.
We stayed in a room overlooking the lagoon and gardens. It was spotlessly clean, nice and roomy with a lovely balcony, excellent air conditioning and great WiFi reception. An added extra for a couple of days was the Mother kangaroo and her joey that fed and relaxed near our room, a wonderful sight.
There is plenty to do here without having to go too far, from the beautiful walks through the gardens to relaxing by the pool, having a spa or swimming in the beach lagoon. A short walk along the river finds you at the Marina where you will find a selection of shops and restaurants. Should you wish to play golf then this can be arranged also.
We had Club access and this is well worth it. Beautiful breakfasts either in the Club or restaurant, stunning High Teas each afternoon with canapés and drinks from 5-7 made our stay even more special.
I would highly recommend this place and can't wait to return for yet another stay. The word Special has featured quite a few times throughout my review that is because...................this is a Special place where you are SPECIAL.

Room Tip: Stay in a room overlooking the lagoon and gardens, so peaceful.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Erin M, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Allymacklin

I am thrilled that you had the most enjoyable stay with us! And thank you for the wonderful review. Our commitment to our guests is to ensure that everyone has a memorable stay or as you so kindly worded it "a special place, where you are special."

I really look forward to welcoming you back soon and I will be sure to pass your wonderful comments on to our entire team.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Quite old resort, it needs some heavy refurbishment. The Staff needs some more training and work on the anticipation of clients' needs. We were a group of almost 30 persons and the checkin/out time was a disaster with 2 receptionist and luggages delivered in almost 1 hour.
Anyway walking outside my room I saw the first kangaroos of my life...great!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Robertina7
Erin M, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Dear Robertina7

Thank you so much for the review and your valuable feedback.

My sincerest apologies that certain aspects of your stay did not meet you expectations, I am sorry that we have let you down. I have passed all of your valuable feedback onto the leadership team so that we can look at putting in place relevant service training where suggested.

I am however thrilled for you that you saw your first kangaroos here at the resort, I hope were able to get photos of them.

Again, I thank you for your feedback and wish you a safe onward journey.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Check in was quick and welcoming. We were dropped off by a buggy from the reception as the room was a bit far. Stayed 2 nights in a room very close to the Marina Village, 5 mins walk to all the eateries & shops. Our room was big, new & clean with good air-cond..Free wifi was provided as we are IHG member but my iphone was unable to connect. Housekeeping was inconsistent as there was always something not being replenished. Late checkout until 12:30pm was no problem.

Room Tip: request a room without the need of walking up stairs
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MaroochydoreLam
Erin M, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2014

Dear MaroochydoreLam

Thank you for your loyalty as one of our IHG Reward Club Members and thanks for taking the time to review our resort.

My sincerest apologies for the inconsistencies with some of our services offered during your stay and I have noted these to review with our relevant team members.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with the many facilities that are available both on site and in The Marine Village.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Very lovely place, the customer service was excellent, the food was to die for. It was a peaceful oasis. It would however be nice if the room is sprayed at night to get rid of the mosquitoes or maybe have a mosquitoes spray in the room.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Erin M, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Achieng M

Many thanks for your kind words in regards to your stay with us. I am so glad that you and your family had a peaceful and enjoyable stay.

Thank you for letting us know about the mosquitoes we are always looking into new and innovative products to ensure our guests have a comfortable stay.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff service and exceptional food - I will be sure to pass onto the team.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

From moment we stepped into reception, we felt welcomed and relaxed. The staff were amazingly genuine, friendly and accommodating. Always cheerful to both my wife and I and to our 3yr old son.
Pool and lagoon awesome and the breakfast was delicious and plentiful.
Thanks to Adrian and Ken our porter/buggy drivers, Marjorie and Lorraine for looking after us at breakfast and Jeremy and Josh by the pool house. Joyce, the housekeeper who kept my son entertained. All the staff were excellent, just too many to remember, nothing was too much trouble. Highly recommend and we will be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JonB1000
Erin M, Public Relations Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear JonB1000

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review, I am so glad that you and your family had the most enjoyable time with us.
I am so thrilled that our team members made such lasting impressions on your and your family and thank you so much for taking the time to personally remember and name each of our team members - I will be sure to pass this feedback onto them.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future!