Less than one hours drive from inner city Brisbane, or one hour from Brisbane Airport and about 20 minutes drive from Surfers Paradise, the Intercontinental is a nice relaxing place to stay. Yes, the rooms are a little dated but the positives of this resort outweigh this. The staff are very friendly and on check-in, offered me free membership of their loyalty program which provided complimentary wifi in the rooms during my stay (an unusual plus for an Australian hotel). I had a room on the second level in the Phoenix wing which had a great view of the lagoon pool and the huge yachts in the marina. I should note that people staying on the ground level had a greater issue with the mosquitos than I did on the second level. They can be bad in the pool area after dark, so bring some mosquito repellant. The room was spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable. Local channels and Foxtel selection available on the TV in the rooms. I was concerned when arriving at my room's entry to hear a baby crying quite loudly in the room next door but once in the room, could hear no noise. If you want a nice relaxing stay away from the party-central atmosphere of the Gold Coast, this is a great place to stay. You are in very easy reach of the coast if you have a car. There is ample free parking at the hotel (not undercover). Sanctuary Cove Village which is literally a 2 minute walk away from the resort is small and easy to walk around. It has a couple of decent cafes/restaurants and some nice boutiques for the ladies, so you are not held captive to the resort if you stay at the Intercontinental. Whilst I wouldn't rate the breakfast as being on par with say a Soffitel standard, it is very good and had a high standard of everything you need (bircher muslei, fresh natural yoghurt, plentiful fresh fruit, excellent selection of cooked items and free flat white, latte, short black (etc) coffee on order (although the coffee was a bit weak for my taste). On a final note, on registering for the loyalty program you are asked for your birth date. It just happened to be my birthday during my stay at the hotel and when I came back to the room on my birthday, they had left me a lovely bottle of Shiraz and chocolates, with two wine glasses. I thought that was a really nice gesture from the hotel and really reflected the great service that I experienced here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort is inspired by the grandeur of a beautiful Queenslander offering an elegant and stylish timeless design. Set in beautiful surrounds the pristine white sands of the resorts famous one acre salt-water beach lagoon pool is the backdrop to a resort filled with relaxation and sophistication. Escape to a world of comfort, style, luxury and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Sanctuary Cove Hotel Gold Coast
- Hyatt Regency Gold Coast
- Hyatt Gold Coast
- InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort Hope Island, Gold Coast, Australia