I recently stayed for 3 nights as part of a work conference.
My room had 2 double beds as opposed to a Queen or King. This was fine for me but there were plenty of couples who were not happy with this arrangement. Some were able to change rooms. I was in the 500's and therefore a little walk to the main area. The room was clean and spacious and there were all the usual amenities of a 4 star hotel. I did particularly like the walk in wardrobe with built in draws. From what others in the group were saying, some of the rooms in the 200's have been refurbished - as they look over the pool and are the closest to the main hotel area they may also be a little more expensive!
The golf buggy porter's are great and always seem to be readily available to take you to the village or to and from your room - very handy if you wear heels and have a bit of a walk to your room!
The food is great and to the standard you would expect from a 4 star hotel. I was disappointed there was no gluten free bread option at breakfast, but as there was plenty to choice from it didn't matter too much.
The gym up is not in walking distance and therefore it seems like a hassle to have to get a buggy to take you. I went for a walk instead - it s very easy to following the pathways in and out of the resort and onto the golf club. I walked for about 45 mins in a bit if a loop.
The lagoon pool is great - it's size lends itself well to being able to find your own private spot! They could do with some type of way to wash the sand off your feet as it's a bit annoying to have to walk back to your room with your feet covered in sand. I used to bathtub back in my room!
Overall, this is what you would expect for a 4 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort is inspired by the grandeur of a beautiful Queenslander offering an elegant and stylish timeless design. Set in beautiful surrounds the pristine white sands of the resorts famous one acre salt-water beach lagoon pool is the backdrop to a resort filled with relaxation and sophistication. Escape to a world of comfort, style, luxury and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Sanctuary Cove Hotel Gold Coast
- Hyatt Regency Gold Coast
- Hyatt Gold Coast
- InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort Hope Island, Gold Coast, Australia