“As expected.”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Hope Island
Brisbane, Australia
“As expected.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed for 3 nights as part of a work conference.

My room had 2 double beds as opposed to a Queen or King. This was fine for me but there were plenty of couples who were not happy with this arrangement. Some were able to change rooms. I was in the 500's and therefore a little walk to the main area. The room was clean and spacious and there were all the usual amenities of a 4 star hotel. I did particularly like the walk in wardrobe with built in draws. From what others in the group were saying, some of the rooms in the 200's have been refurbished - as they look over the pool and are the closest to the main hotel area they may also be a little more expensive!

The golf buggy porter's are great and always seem to be readily available to take you to the village or to and from your room - very handy if you wear heels and have a bit of a walk to your room!

The food is great and to the standard you would expect from a 4 star hotel. I was disappointed there was no gluten free bread option at breakfast, but as there was plenty to choice from it didn't matter too much.

The gym up is not in walking distance and therefore it seems like a hassle to have to get a buggy to take you. I went for a walk instead - it s very easy to following the pathways in and out of the resort and onto the golf club. I walked for about 45 mins in a bit if a loop.

The lagoon pool is great - it's size lends itself well to being able to find your own private spot! They could do with some type of way to wash the sand off your feet as it's a bit annoying to have to walk back to your room with your feet covered in sand. I used to bathtub back in my room!

Overall, this is what you would expect for a 4 star hotel.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Monique H, General Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear MicLB,

I am pleased to read that we met your expectation with all aspects of your stay. Thanks for the feedback on gluten free bread. We do not have it on the buffet, but always have it available on request. We might consider putting it on the buffet however to ensure our guests are able to easily access.

Wishing you safe future travels and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Kindest regards,
Monique

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Peregian Beach
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

If you want to get away from the world this is a good place to start. The hotel is lovely but is in need of a refurbishment. It has just become a bit dated and needs a bit of love. The pool is outstanding with its own beach, I've never seen better and there is another smaller pool if you want to stay off the sand. So for relaxation it's perfect and make sure you get a room with a view of the pool, it's well worth it. The room service was a bit hit and miss and the breakfast buffet also needs some updating and love. Reception and concierge staff were delightful and very helpful. Besides the marina there isn't much around here so you need a car if you want to get out of the area. The rooms are fine, nothing spectacular but a good size and nice balconies. So if you want endless days of doing nothing but lying by the pool it's a good choice.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Terri S,

I am delighted to read that you had a super relaxing stay with us recently and thanks so much for taking the time to post a review.

Thank you for acknowledging my fabulous Reception and Concierge teams - I agree that they are wonderful.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back!

Warnest regards,
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

It is unusual to use a hotel that is less than an hours from where you live but this weekend was different. The aim was to get away for a weekend and just unwind with my wife who is very patient with my regular business travel.

The Intercontinental at Sanctuary Cove is brilliant. I am IHG Platinum Elite so they upgraded me to a Lagoon Room view at the quietest end of a building. They made us feel very welcome and delivered on comfort and relaxation.

The Hotel is minutes for the shops, cafes and restaurants in the Sanctuary Cove village which is a bonus as it is almost impossible to get into the Fireplace the signature restaurant in the hotel because the Intercontinental is a popular venue for weddings and heavily booked most weekends.

For a refreshing and relaxing retreat with someone you love this is a great place for a getaway.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Monique H, General Manager at InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Terryl-55,

As a loyal and valued elite member of our IHG Rewards Club it is a delight to read your great review.

I am so pleased that you had a relaxing weekend with your wife and we look forward to you visiting again when you need a quiet getaway!

Kindest regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful place to stay
We had a lovely room that looked out over one of the golf course with a very good quality bed. The rang to book golf for the hubby and they made it all happen with out a problem, all the staff at this resort are a credit to them nothing but smiles and a offer of help at every turn thank you we will be back and next time it will be for longer than a week end

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear iamkelly,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I am thrilled that you had such a great stay and thank you for acknowledging my wonderful team. I agree they are fantastic!

We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer visit!

Upper Hutt
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in September and it was great. The grounds are beautiful with a lovely warm swimming pool and spa right I the centre. My room was dated but the new owners Intercontinental were well on their way to modernising every room. Even so it was spacious and had almost everything we needed. Service was great as well from the check in to check out.
My only thing would be that they look at their WiFi charges, very expensive and most hotels these days don't even charge.
I would certainly recommend this hotel to all who want a quiet relaxing time away.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear maureen55,

Thank you for your great review, I am delighted to read that you had such a lovely stay with us.

With regards to free WiFi, we do offer this benefit to our IHG Rewards Club elite members, so may I suggest joining this program. It offers fantastic benefits and is free to join!

Wishing you safe future travels!

Brisbane
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed in this Hotel for my littel brothers wedding, with the wedding also being on the grounds.
The whole hotel, grounds and catering staff were amazing!
We stayed with the children and there was plenty to do, the pools and the shops close by were lovely.
Our entire famly thought it was an amzing venue for the wedding! Both for accommodation and the reception!

Room Tip: The roooms overlooking the lagoon pool and the marina are definitely the pick with fantasitci outloo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear cbomb5,

I am so pleased to read that your brothers wedding celebration with us was such a success and that you were able to enjoy our fabulous recreational facilities during your weekend with us.

I have shared your feedback with the team and we all look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back.

Sydney
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We enjoyed a beautiful holiday here. The beds were extremely comfortable, the gardens very beautifully manicured, swimming and relaxing at the lagoon pool, walks by the Marina, huge buffet breakfasts, delicious room service dinners. Ive come home feeling very happy and relaxed and I cant wait to go back for another holiday....

Room Tip: To avoid too many stairs, get a ground floor room that opens up to the gardens
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear SydneyBec,

I am just delighted that we were able to provide you with a relaxing environment to enjoy time with your family.

Thanks so much for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hope Island
Peppers Soul
Peppers Soul
#1 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach

Been to InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort? Share your experiences!