Until recently, this resort was part of the Hyatt group and this was my first visit to the resort under the ICH badge.
We have stayed many a time at the resort in the past because of its location being convenient to both Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Even though the resort is showing signs of age it has always been a great experience, having the Sanctuary Cove marina with all its interesting shops and restaurants a short walk away.
I understand that it takes a while to rebadge a big complex like this but I would have thought that most of the staff would have stayed with the resort and would show the same enthusiasm and service as instilled in them by the Hyatt group.
Unfortunately, the staff that booked us in just didn't have that attitude we expected - it was more a matter of, well, yes, welcome and enjoy your stay without that feeling they should give you of you being special.
In the hospitality trade the customer is not only always right but should be made to feel they are definitely right! A typical example of this was one of the front desk staff, I think his name was Shaun, who gave the impression he was just going through the motions and would rather have been elsewhere.
Other than that, the accomodation and facilities have not changed and we still found the resort very much to our liking. Just a little work needs to be done with the staff that are obviously in a new environment and either need more training or perhaps should seek employment elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort is inspired by the grandeur of a beautiful Queenslander offering an elegant and stylish timeless design. Set in beautiful surrounds the pristine white sands of the resorts famous one acre salt-water beach lagoon pool is the backdrop to a resort filled with relaxation and sophistication. Escape to a world of comfort, style, luxury and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Sanctuary Cove Hotel Gold Coast
- Hyatt Regency Gold Coast
- Hyatt Gold Coast
- InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort Hope Island, Gold Coast, Australia