“What a disaapointment”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Friends Invited us to Georges at Sanctuary Cove for Dinner. When we first walked in we were wowed, lovely location, friendly staff great atmosphere. We arrived before 6 to take advantage of the half priced Menu. at a table of six we ordered a variety of courses, The Salmon, Baramunda, Baruti. We also ordered a couple of bottles of red wine. We were amazed that the meals arrived in about five minutes way before the red wines. and then we started to eat OH Dear. My brothers Barra tasted so bad he didnt want anything further, the Salmon was sent back and tasted as if it was frozen partly defrosted then cooked, our Baruti the Morten bay bugs were average to terrible, the barramundi was awful but the scallops were fine although the sauce was stodgie. The Salmon was replaced with an entree od calamara which was overcooked. At the end of the evening out of six meals one was OK. The remainder well below what I would expect from a quality restaurant. To add insult to injury we short paid the bill by 50 cents which they came and demanded.. I will not be in a hurry to dine here again.

1  Thank Plod53

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Before I critique the food I wish to complain about the 20% public holiday surcharge added to our bill on the evening of Easter Saturday,could the owner George Tassis please advise when did Easter Saturday become a public holiday?The lovely staff were clearly embarrassed when we questioned this charge and advised that it was a Management decision to apply the charge on the day, knowing that it is in fact not a public holiday.Lets hope that this greedy charge is passed on to the staff.
Regardless of the extra charge the critique of the food was always going to be as follows:
This was our second visit to this Restaurant, the previous visit we thought it was only just OK, however as my Husband was keen for a meal of seafood we thought we would give it another try.
Service from wait/bar staff 10/10
Hot starter of barbecue baby octopus was visually unappetising, bulked up plate of white rice, and no fresh garnish,the octopus was tasteless and mushy,again the $55.00 seafood platters were bulked up with the rice with the mostly deep fried food including chips placed on the rice (yuck) again no fresh garnish. We didn't order dessert as the menu had the out dated usual suspects that one would find in a Club/Pub bistro such as sticky date pudding, carrot cake bla bla bla.
This place is probably OK if you are getting the half price deal,however when one is paying full price which is at a premium it is just not up to the standard.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We came for lunch and were seated outside with a brilliant view of the harbour. The best thing is that outdoor seatings are also non smoking. We shared a grilled bug as starter, personally I think it was overcooked. But my main of garlic prawns with rice, chips and salad was perfect. The garlic flavour was not overpowering at all, and the prawns were of good size and very fresh. The salad was perfect to cut through the sauce. I have to say it is one of the best prawn dishes I have ever had. It was so good that we had to order the same thing again but in a starter portion. However my husband's baby octopus as main was only average. I envy the couple next to us ordering the platter each, it was of huge portions and looked absolutely delicious. I would definitely go back if I ever visit Brisbane again.

To begin with I thought the service was a bit on the aloof side, but then I realized that the staff themselves are the quiet people working at the background who will crack a joke or two in soft tone once in a while but otherwise will allow you space and time enjoying your food. Definitely not the loud, "pretend-to-be-bobbly" type - and dare I say, much preferred.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great place for lunch at half price, good seafood and great service. Have always had a good meal here.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

We have eaten at this restaurant many times. However this was the first time we used the take away option.

The menu was very limited - The only pasta available was lasagna.

It only took a short time for my husband to bring the food back to the hotel (The hotel offers a golf buggy service). We order the calamari and Prawn cutlets with chips. The calamity was overcooked and all of it was greasy. The prawns had a strong smell to them, so we didn't eat them.

Did not feel great after eating & definitely won't be doing this again