George's Paragon Seafood Restaurant Sanctuary Cove
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Food ok , wine expensive , it' seems as though the food here is mass prepared it comes out really quickly and all looks the same dry salad staff are often rude and too quick to take of before you have even finished what your saying we have eaten here several time s and always found it the same just ok

Write a ReviewReviews (1,209)

Reviewed January 22, 2013

2 trips to this restaurant have left me speechless. The first time we went here we didn;t order fish and the food was very poor, However, I thought it's a seafood restaurant right? So that's what we should eat. So the 2nd visit I went with an open mind and it was honestly the worst experience I have had. We ordered oysters (kilpatrick and natural). We waited 1 and half hours for them to arrive and when they were put on the table they smelt foul. Not just fishy but 'foul'. We asked the waiter to smell one and he barfed. They offered to replace them but we refused as we had been put off at this point. We we by this time starving and said please send the main straight away. We were then informed it would be another 45 minutes. 2 hours and 15 minutes to get your main is too much and we had managed to consume a whole bottle of wine by that point and were close to eating the table cloth. We cancelled our order at that point, asked for the bill and left hungy.

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Amazing how disappointing this dining experience was compared to just a few weeks before when I gave them a raving, 5 star review.

My husband and I dined at George's on Sat 19th Jan and it may well be the last time.

The waiter Dino was fantastic as always so this is no reflection of the service. The timing of the food was perfect.

But for 14 years we have been dining at George's and have always had the 1/2 price Moreton Bay Bugs lunch / early dinner menu. This has always been the highlight of our visit and we have always enjoyed cocktails and plenty of extra entrees with our order.

But in the last month since I was there with family, they have removed bugs from the 1/2 price menu and listed them as 'market price' which means they can charge whatever they want.

The bugs were $38.50 that night and I notice they seem to have reverted other items to the 'full price' category as well.

So my favourite dish has been doubled in price.

We reluctantly ordered the spaghetti marinara and calamari as we had budgeted for the 1/2 price menu and just couldn't justify $80 on mains alone.

Whilst the calamari was tender and a good serving size it just couldn't compare to the bugs. I may as well have gone to Pete's fish and chips.

My husband's marinara was swimming in napoli sauce and the seafood was ok but nothing to rave about.

The mudslide (made by the boss himself) was not blended properly and was full of chunks of ice. It also barely tasted like alcohol. At $12 per cocktail I expect it to taste like alcohol - not a chocolate milk drink.

We were seated in the enclosed area which was packed and we found the noise level almost unbearable. There is no way of avoiding this on a busy Saturday night but I would recommend you eat here for mid week lunch.

I would happily forgive an ordinary cocktail, and I can understand noise level on a busy Sat night but to remove crustacean dishes off the special menu which they have built their loyal client base on is a huge mistake.

I am just very annoyed and disappointed that they are now offering the cheap dishes on their famous 1/2 price menu and reserving the nice dishes for the expensive menu. I feel scammed.

Such a disappointment.

1  Thank ladycatrin
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I have only just started eating seafood so decided we would try a restaurant known for great fish. We weren't disappointed. The waterfront setting is very romantic as we had great wine and looked out to the million dollar boats in the marina. The service was exceptional and staff very friendly. Our meal was amazing and the restaurant has a really nice atmosphere. It feels up market but not snobby. A great place to share a meal with friends or a perfect romantic dinner.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Large restaurant in top location, great service from friendly staff,food was pretty good but couldnt rave about it..oysters were below average