“Wonderful food, attentive service”
Review of Ioesco

Ioesco
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Hope Island
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ioesco translates as ‘I am going out’, a fittingly momentous title for one of Gold Coast’s premier Italian restaurants, Ioesco - Cafe Cucina Bar. The likes of Gordon Ramsay have graced Ioesco’s stylish dining room, where sparkling chandeliers, a marble bar and water views are tempered by a relaxed vibe and alfresco seating in the tranquil Sanctuary Cove surrounds. Passionate and knowledgeable staff work the floor delivering contemporary interpretations of classic Napoli cuisine that, happily, don’t compromise on size or quality. Moreish starters such as duck breast with marsala mushroom cream sauce offer perfect preludes to mains like Barossa chicken breast with king prawns, avocado and garlic brandy cream sauce as well as spinach and buffalo ricotta ravioli with Napoli cream sauce.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We have eaten here with friends a couple of times before and have never been disappointed. It took me some time to make my choice, then the waiter arrived with the specials list and I was spoilt for choice once again. I had the Atlantic salmon with prawns, my husband (with dairy intolerance) was able to order chicken with mushrooms, without the blue vein cheese. Even before my husband finished asking for the dish to be altered he had been told it was no problem as everything is prepared from scratch. Our Italian companion had the lasagne and his wife the barramundi. We were all very satisfied with our choices, I even made the comment on finishing my dinner that I could have that every night. The service was superb and I noticed the wait staff actually looking around the tables to check if anything was required, something sadly lacking in restaurants these days. We will most certainly be back again hopefully soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Loved this place. Great venue, excellent quality food and a suave kind of atmosphere. Had the Calamari for entree which were beautiful, eye filet for a main medium rare which melted and chocolate moose for desert which i can say was the best moose i have ever had in my life!

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Excellent food and ambience I would recommend this restaurant if you want a top quality meal with a great outlook An extensive wine list completes this picture.Conclusion….Great value for money..

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Desserts were STUNNING, mains and entrees really nice however the service was questionable. They tried (and seemed nice) BUT there were lengthy delays and even when we asked for water we had to ask 3 times to finally get some.

We were a table of 9 at Sunday lunch - and most places have issues managing large tables but the delays seemed a little excessive to me. When we arrived at 12.30 we were almost first in the restaurant, then due to service delays (especially between entree and mains) we did not finish until 4pm and were almost last out even though we did not linger we left straight after desserts didn't even have coffee, they were already setting up for dinner by then. Fortunately we all had time to spare and were not rushing however I would be concerned otherwise.

Due to our table size we were able to try a lot on the menu, in our opinion out of the veal dishes the classic Marsala is the best in fact read mega yummy, the sticky toffee pudding outstanding, with tiramasu and chocolate pudding close seconds. Our pasta experts said the gnocchi was great but not amazing. All entrees were declared delicious.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Ioesco is our favorite restaurant and always have excellent food and service. We had lunch with friends on Sunday 4 May and noticed the service was not up to the usual standard, probably as the owner was not present. Subsequent visits were excellent as expected and we remain avid supporters of this excellent restaurant.