The Mouses House Rainforest Retreat
$133
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Murwillumbah(Murwillumbah)(Great Value!)
$98
$85
TripAdvisor
Mercure Gold Coast Resort(Carrara)(Great Value!)
$95
$77
  • Pool
Bay of Palms Resort(Elanora)(Great Value!)
$124
$116
Orbitz.com
Burleigh Break(Burleigh Heads)
$88
Outrigger Gold Coast(Burleigh Heads)
$84
$304
$57
$53
Town Palms Motel(Murwillumbah)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewssleeping beautymouses househot tubbush turkeysour honeymoonbreakfast basketnatural bridgeoutdoor spaspringbrook national parkfairy taleperson spawicked witchcheese platterwebber bbqthought of everythingpicnic hamperlocal wildlife
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Highly recommended, our favourite place (for a getaway without the kids) - nature, peace, privacy and hospitality. We spent 5 nights in 'Sleeping Beauty' on our honeymoon. (2011)
The cottage being very secluded, relaxing in the outdoor spa beside a mountain stream ensures the cares of life are left behind - another world!
Chalet has a warm, welcoming feel about it - decor in the chalet is awesome, bed is mega comfy with big fluffy pillows, nice and cozy snuggling up by the fireplace. A perfect setting!
We ordered the breakfast hamper -very yummy!
We returned November 2013 (my husband's 50th) and stayed in 'Bashful' for 3 nights which was as wonderful as our first visit. We always feel sooooooo rejuvenated after our visit.
The owners, Wayne and Christine can't do enough for you. They are helpful with recommending points of interest in the Springbrook area, organising hampers, and all enquiries.
We plan on returning very soon - maybe my 50th in June 2014?

Room Tip: Choose "Sleeping Beauty" if choosing a deluxe chalet - top of the range "Bashful' or any other cottage - you won't be disappointed!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We spent the January public holiday break here. We were recommended by a friend after booking we found a number of our friends had also been and everyone told us how wonderful it is.
We were not disapointed, we wanted an nice relaxing break, with a bit of gentle walking thrown in. That was what we got a very relaxing and private break. We were aware that other people were about but you felt quite private as the lay out is well thought through.
We also felt that the owners struck the right balance of being helpful and available. We only really saw them on our arrival but we both felt that they were there if we needed anything.
The wildlife is great, we have possums and bush turkeys at home, but it's still loverly and the mouse also visited nightly outside too.
Linen, towels and applicants are all of a high standard. Which makes a nice change. I always bring my own towels even when staying in hotels but on this occasion they weren't needed.
We loved just spending time in the chalet relaxing, it actually reminded me of a chalet house in Switzerland were I spent some time a few years ago. It's in keeping with the surroundings and any review on decor I suggest are about personal taste not quality.
Our only quibble was that we felt the quality of the kitchen pans was not as good as we might have liked and if you were there for more than a long weekend you might find the kitchen equipment lacking. For example I couldn't locate coded chopping boards. This may sound silly but I wanted to chop some chicken breast and I always worry about using a board which others will follow me and cut bread or veg on. To be honest if we had been there longer or I couldn't manage I would have asked the owners and my impression is that they would have sorted me out. But for the future I think it's once aspect lacking in the kitchen which should be sorted- unless I was being thick of course. All I could locate was a glass board.
The BBQ was great and in full working order as was the equipment.
We will definatley return, we felt relaxed and rested after our short break and will recommend the area to friends too

Room Tip: I think all the chalets are nice but possibly book one near the stream in my opinion
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed at the Mouses House in Sneezy during the heat wave in early January 2014 and really enjoyed it. The chalet was so neat and had everything we needed, including an amazing collection of movies that rivaled our local video store. You definitely need to stop at the grocery store before making the drive up, as the general store has only the very very basic supplies. There were three of us, and our son slept in the loft. be forewarned that the ladder is straight up with round rungs, so might not be suitable for everyone. Perfect location for hiking and exploring the whole area, and we really enjoyed the hikes and the waterfalls. Beautiful ground, with the sounds of birds and animals in the forest and we had our own resident bush turkey, and a land mullet that seemed to live under the chalet. There were also some colorful crayfish in the stream. Overall excellent stay, and be sure to also check out the Dancing Waters Cafe as their desserts are amazing!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank L_DTravellers
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We spent 4 nights during early January. The clean and private chalets are really exceptional with good quality appliances and linen. Close to walking trails and waterfalls. Lovely cool rainforest. very good service. Guest laundry a bonus. As mentioned on the website - remember to buy your groceries before you take the climb to Springbrook. Close to the Best of All Lookout (a must see!!) and the natural bridge.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Stressor2014
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We spent 3 nights in Snow White Chalet over Christmas. We certainly enjoyed a relaxing time here. This retreat was everything we expected - so much so that we have already booked another stay. Upgrading to a luxury chalet is certainly worthwhile - the outdoor spa was well used during our stay. The continental breakfast was more than enough for 2 mornings. Everything you need is provided in your chalet and the extra touches like the welcome port make the visit even more special. You will leave "the mouses house" feeling totally rejuvenated and relaxed. A must do in this busy world we live in.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a luxury chalet - worth paying the extra!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple