“Peaceful, private, totally relaxing” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Mouses House Rainforest Retreat

The Mouses House Rainforest Retreat
Ranked #1 of 4 Springbrook B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Peaceful, private, totally relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great location, hosts were helpful and the cabins were beautiful, clean and had everything you could want. Perfect little getaway, definatly recommend hiring a car to get around to see the sites but you may never want to leave the cabin.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

A few dot points...
*The chalet was beautifully decked out with some really thoughtful little final touches.
*The location was gorgeous, there were so many things for us tourists to do and see so close to the accommodation.
*The owner was thoughtful, friendly and definitely emphasised the fact that they were more than willing to exceed customer expectations and to contact them should we require anything at all.
*The log fire was built, ready to light and had plenty of wood to last us.
Wish we could have stayed longer!
Totally recommended to couples, as a gift, honeymooners - anyone!

Room Tip: We stayed in cinderella - and it was amazing.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Highfields, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed 4 nights in the snow white cabin and it was incredible!
The owner was extremely helpful and polite, I travelled on my own for some relaxation from the daily hassle and bussle of life. He brought down my luggage without me having to ask for help. He also provided me with a few things i forgot to pack with no fuss at all. Couldnt fault the staff.
The cabin itself was beautiful, the waterfall by the outdoor spa was just heaven, even though i had a little vistor in a turkey hen that demanded to be fed every time i saw her!
The only thing i could fault is a lack of a roasting pan or similar for the oven.
I couldn't recommend the mouse house more, I will return in the near future.... maybe I'll even bring my husband along next time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a wonderful 3 night stay in April. The cabins are very comfortable with good facilities for self-catering. It was cool enough to get the fire going each night which added plenty to the ambience. The private barbecue area and outdoor spa alongside the beautiful mountain stream was absolutely superb. There are lovely walks through the National Park nearby, including some stunning waterfalls. All in all, this is a terrific getaway for couples high I highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Visited this place for the first time last week. Was wonderful, remote and relaxing. It was great to have a fire going as the night's are getting cold. Loved this place, we even had a friendly visitor (possum) while outside. Will definitely return :).

• Stayed May 2013
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

This place is absolutely beautiful so I think it is a shame that it is not run better. We rented two of their chalets for three nights and the owner was only mildly friendly, polite but a little condescending to us. When paying this much money for a nice place there are basic things one expects. For instance, for the kindling and wood to be dry enough to build a fire. If that does not work then I expect the heater to be a working, clean and maintained device. Neither of these things were the case. They store their wood in a messy heap under a tarp so it is no wonder it is not dry enough to easily make a proper fire. When the heater didn't work my husband tried to fiddle with it and found the filter clogged with dead bugs. One of the sliding doors was jammed and to top it all off we found a used CONDOM WRAPPER under our bed while packing up to leave. I always look under the bed to make sure a stray sock, or what not, is not being left behind. When we kindly let the owner know of these things he just smiled at us like and idiot and said he would let the cleaning staff know. He didn't even apologize!!! Let alone offer us some sort of discount or compensation. I was so offended at his blatant lack of concern (not even an apology!!!!) that it just about ruined my whole morning. That is NOT acceptable for a paying customer on holiday! We were so polite and nice about it too. I could understand if we were loud and rude complaining customers but we were not. It's a shame too because like I said, the place it lovely.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank goldenfix
Mouses22, Owner at The Mouses House Rainforest Retreat, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for review. It is a real shame we find out your feelings about your stay two months after you departed and via a social website. Firstly, I’ll apologise if I seemed slightly condescending. Hope it is only because of our Australian & American cultural differences. I always try to be extra polite and friendly to all of my guests and recall having several lovely casual conversations in the office and car park area with your husband, family, Mum & Dad during your three-night stay. I can’t recall speaking with yourself during your stay or at the end when you left, so your recollection about my response to the issues must be second hand via your husband.

It is always of concern if guests have any issues, difficulties or problems. This rarely occurs, but we understand sometimes guests can’t get something to work. We try to overemphasize to all guests at arrival to let us know during their stay if there is anything we can do to improve their experience. Unfortunately, you or your husband didn’t say anything about your concerns until he and your father checked out. Needed fresh wood? – done in 2 mins. We buy so much firewood for our guests that at times it cannot all fit into our woodshed; therefore we cover it with a tarpaulin. Need help starting your fire? I do it 2-3 times a week in Winter for guests who ask, as firebox starting can be tricky for non-experienced guests. Air-conditioner not working? – fixed in 30 seconds as the code just needs to be reset. A door off its slider – fixed in 1 minute. Please just pick up your chalet phone, dial 9 and we are more than happy to help 24/7.

If I looked like an ‘idiot’, as you say, it would be because I was embarrassed and shocked by the report of a wrapper under the bed. I must have forgotten to say ‘sorry’. We have very high cleaning standards and I am not used to receiving this type of feedback. It took me 5 mins of serious searching to find it, as it was flat and camouflaging in with the rug under the bed. It is only a piece of plastic which shouldn’t be there. I don’t see the difference between it and a lolly wrapper. The air conditioner filters are cleaned every month as a matter of routine, so having some filter dirt is normal. Insects like flies are also normal - this is Australia. In any case, it is always best not to open any type of electrical equipment for safety reasons. Report any problem to reception before departure.

Your husband briefly mentioned these issues to me when he checked out and didn’t express much concern at this time. It was more ‘by-the-way’ and ‘to-let-you-know’ expression as he was leaving. We don’t give instant refunds in Australia. Is this normal in America? This could make departing guests turn into liars just to get money back or pay less.

We hope otherwise you enjoyed your exclusive, extra private chalet with free endless high-speed WiFi Internet, instant movies on demand, luxury linen, wonderful appointed full kitchen, bathrobes, internal spa bath for two and an extra private Hot Tub by the cascading mountain stream in the rainforest. Please contact us if you would like to discuss this further.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed in Sleeping Beauty 24th - 27th April for our anniversary. The Mouses house is absolutely perfect and I would recommend it to anyone. We were instantly relaxed upon arriving - the location is nice and secluded and we noticed the freshness of the air. Wayne the host was very welcoming and helpful. The chalet was beautiful, you can tell they really put love and care into maintaining the chalets. Was wonderful to stay here and just enjoy spending time with each other in this magical environment. Not only was the chalet beautiful but so comfortable too - hot tub, huge spa bath, lounge, fireplace and the bed - wow don't think we've ever slept so well in our lives. We will definitely return soon and for a longer stay, this place was everything we imagined and more.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mouses22, Owner at The Mouses House Rainforest Retreat, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear brieblack, Thank you very much for your lovely review and very kind words. My staff and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Would love to welcome you or your friends back sometime to experience our enchanted rainforest again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springbrook
Palazzo Versace
Peppers Broadbeach
#2 of 21 in Broadbeach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,496 reviews
O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas and Lost World Spa

Been to The Mouses House Rainforest Retreat? Share your experiences!