The Mouses House Rainforest Retreat
$128
  • Pool
Econo Lodge Murwillumbah(Murwillumbah)(Great Value!)
$72
TripAdvisor
Mercure Gold Coast Resort(Carrara)(Great Value!)
$105
$88
  • Pool
Burleigh Break(Burleigh Heads)(Great Value!)
$72
Outrigger Gold Coast(Burleigh Heads)
$82
$240
$55
$52
  • Pool
Mariner Shores Resort & Beach Club(Burleigh Heads)(Great Value!)
$109
Town Palms Motel(Murwillumbah)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
All reviewssleeping beautymouses househot tubbush turkeysour honeymoonbreakfast basketnatural bridgeoutdoor spaspringbrook national parkfairy taleperson spawicked witchcheese platterwebber bbqthought of everythingpicnic hamperlocal wildlife
Reviewed February 12, 2012

The most magical place I have ever stayed!! Wonderful setting with fabulous walks and exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. Stayed in the wicked witch and didn't want to leave!! Don't hesitate in staying here you won't be disappointed!! Thank you for a magical stay xx

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My husband and I will never forget our magical stay in "Grumpy's House" at the Mouses House Retreat. Our chalet in the heart of the rainforest overlooked a gushing river and we spent our first evening on the deck at river's side barbecuing up the delicious food provided for us in the hugely generous gourmet dinner basket. (This was our favorite dinner of our whole Australian stay.) During the day we hiked the breathtaking trails right down the road, lunched at a pleasant cafe recommended to us by our host, and visited a fascinating Glow Worm Tour. At night, we returned to our chalet via boardwalks through the rainforest (romantically lit by small glowing lights and a wonderful adventure of their own.) Our chalet was extremely well equipped: the kitchen with silverware, dishes, stove, pans, refrigerator.... the bathroom with fluffy towels and sweet smelling shampoos and soaps... I could go on and on. This is the rainforest, so I think you must expect some bugs, BUT strangely we never saw a single bug in our spotless chalet. I'm not sure how this is even possible. We did see some wonderful opossums which came to our glass door and peered in at us, adding greatly to the thrill of our stay. My husband and I would both like to thank the Mouses House and particularly its thoughtful host for providing us with an unforgettable stay.

1  Thank RedPeony
Reviewed February 2, 2012

My wife and I recently celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary at "The Mouses House". We chose "Snow White" as the chalet for our special occasion situated on the bubbling brook. I must say it was brilliant!! The rainforest setting and the chalets far exceeded my expectations and the accommodation is exceptionally well priced considering the luxury and privacy. The hot tub/spa situated on the edge of the stream is just on of the many luxury appointments. So close to Brisbane and equally as good if not better than comparative chalets in Far North Queensland. We have already booked our anniversary for next year...can't wait!! The owners/hosts are very kind and friendly also, only to willing to assist with your stay. This is a must for anybody seeking a rainforest hideaway for a romantic weekend.

Room Tip: All options are perfect.
1  Thank Michael H
Reviewed February 2, 2012

We stayed in a chalet by a stream for one night,and they had to call the police to make us leave --- we will stay longer next time,and there will be a next time!
All I can say is that the location and design of these chalets is outstanding ,only to be surpassed by the decoration and amenities-- I have travelled reasonably extensively and have never seen better.Multiple towells and robes so thick you need help to lift them,every top class appliance in the kitchens,2 LCD televisions,the big one near the log fire and beautiful soft leather lounge. I could go on but you need to see this rainforest hideaway for yourself atleast once,but be warned,you will want to come back.Take a stroll around all the paths to see one beautiful scene after another.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

We spent 4 nights in Doc with 2 children and we will be back - but without kids next time. Even though the property is obviously geared towards romantic getaways, we were made to feel very, very welcome.

The chalet was fully equipped with everything we could need, and was well positioned within about 300metres of a national park with various walks. There is very little open at Springbrook after 5pm (any day), so it is really important to be able to self cater. Mouses House chalet's provide a fully equipped and compact kitchen, along with a BBQ on the deck over looking the stream.

Even though the coast was sweltering in 30 plus degree heat, we did enjoy warming by the wood fire on one of the cooler nights. The property's spa bath was much appreciated by all family members, especially after one of our longer bush walks, as was the in-Chalet 2 person spa. The wi-fi internet was used to keep in contact with the outside world, and the larger screen TV/DVD combo, was just the ticket for the kids to wind down prior to bed.

All in all, this is one of the best properties we have ever stayed in as it allowed us to tune off . Next time, my husband and I wish to enjoy it's more romantic sides (sans kids).

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family