“Gorgeous place”

The Mouses House Rainforest Retreat
Ranked #1 of 3 Springbrook B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Highly recommended. I have travelled extensively about the globe and this place is one of the best. Peaceful, clean, romantic, loads of natural wide life. Treat yourself. Book early to avoid disappointment!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Mouses House Rainforest Retreat

Reviewed September 27, 2011

My family and I have thoroughly enjoyed visiting this unique rainforest accommodation experience for the past 3 years. We love the Mouse's House chalets because of the incredible atmosphere that the chalets create from the time you arrive and meet the very friendly and professional hosts, and enter the warm and cozy chalet with its fireplace, comfortable lounge suites, spa and romantic bedroom accompanied by a range of little extras that make your holiday here so memorable.
The Mouse's House chalets are very much a remarkable holiday experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We spent two nights at Mouse's House recently, in one of the cabins situated on the stream running through the property. It was, without any doubt, the most relaxing, peaceful, romantic getaway either of us have ever experienced! The only sounds we heard for our entire stay were the babbling stream outside our cabin, and the wind in the trees.

The place was obviously fully booked when we arrived, as the carpark was full, but we did not see or hear any other guests the entire time. Wayne and Christine were great hosts - helpful, professional, experienced, and not at all pretentious. Our cabin was spotlessly clean, and was bigger and more luxurious than we had expected (and our expectations were pretty high before we arrived!). We brought most of our own food for lunch and dinner, ordering only a breakfast hamper from reception which was very generous and was sufficient for two days of light breakfasts.

The whole Mouse's House experience was fantastic. We were already talking about our return visits before finishing our first one, and we will definitely be back. The Mouse's House is highly, unreservedly recommended as a romantic getaway. 6 stars!

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the cabins beside the stream, but they all looked great.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Mouses house for our 10 year anniversary. I booked months in advance and was very excited about the trip as I had been planning it for so long. I had looked at the pictures of our chalet on the internet over and over and now the day had finally arrived! Upon arrival it, we took our stuff down to our Cinderella chalet and it was just as I had imagined! Like something out of a storybook. I only have a couple of gripes and one was the state of the screen doors on our chalet. One was all torn up at the bottom, I assume by possums and maybe scrub turkeys scratching to get in. The other had wire mesh, which had no holes but was still quite battered at the bottom. It may be because of this that our chalet seemed to be home to quite a few large huntsman spiders (I had close encounters in the chalet with no less than 4 during our stay and I can tell you I am terrified of them!) The first spider was discovered about 2 minutes after I arrived, lurking behind the sliding bathroom door - SURPRISE! Gah! I know everyone says they are harmless, but they still have large fangs and can give quite a nasty bite. I didn't appreciate sharing my $300+ accomodations with large arachnids. The ripped screen just seemed to make the place seem a little shabby. Being summer when we stayed, we wanted to keep the glass doors open to let in the natural cool, but I wasn't game to leave the one with the ripped screen open in case some other wild life decided to let themselves in. Perhaps some routine fumigations and pet proof mesh would be a good idea? On the upside, the chalet was beautiful, and the stream was gorgeous; we even had the good fortune of having a big rain storm, making the stream roar for a while. The mum and 3 teenage ducks who came to visit us were so cute. We had a package deal which included several hampers provided by the mouses house and they were very generous portions of everything. I really, really loved The Mouses House, and Springbrook. I plan to go back someday, we spent so much time exploring the area that we didn't get to relax in the chalets much. I'll have to try the sauna and brave the plunge pool next time!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Mouses22, Owner at The Mouses House Rainforest Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2011

Dear Arielle03 and future readers of this review,

Thank you for your report. Since your stay in December last year Cinderella chalet has been fitted with 2 x $1'200 each new 'CrimSafe' security sliding doors. In fact since May '11 all of our 12 chalets have new CrimSafe doors. This has solved the problem with our resident Bush Turkeys. These birds have very sharp and persistent beaks that after only a week of replacing wire fly-screen, a new hole would appear. Spiders are another natural part of living in a Rainforest, but thankfully it is VERY RARE for us or guests to find one in our chalets. They are extremely hard to see as they hide and blend in well with our chalets timber walls. If seen by our cleaners, I catch them with my hand and throw them outside. As they are such timid, non-aggressive creatures so far I have never been bitten since first catching them as a child.

We pride ourselves on our constant renovation program. In May '11, Cinderella chalet had a $35'000 make-over and now includes an Outside Hot Tub in addition to its internal private two-person spa bath. I'm sure if you loved the 'old' Cinderella, you would be very impressed with the 'new' Cinderella. We hope to welcome you back to Cinderella soon and thanks again for staying with us.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

This is such a cozy, warm and welcoming retreat it just left me smiling for days after. Quirky chalets in beautiful bushland were larger than expected and I just didn't want to leave.

Bring your own food/drinks and sit on your deck by the small stream running past you. Fire up the BBQ and throw some logs in the wood burner...once you tire of that (but why would you?) crack the champage and enjoy the spa in your room.

There's a ton of great walks in the area, though I didn't get out much, the Mouses House was too hard to walk away from...great value, delightful and memorable.

For anyone looking for some tranquility in a fantastic setting for a great price...book now!

Room Tip: Get 'Grumpy' or one of the other chalets overlooking the small stream.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Had a wonderful stay here, the cabins were spaced out nicely and the facilities were second to none. Only minutes away from some of the most beautiful bushwalks, definitely a lovely place to stay with your loved one!!!

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank tigressam
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I just wanted to say thank you for such a lovely lovely stay.
My partner and I had such a wonderful time and although it was short and went far too quickly, there was nothing we could fault - it was so romantic and extremley private we are so looking forward to visiting again as soon as possible - we didn't want to leave.
The walks and other attractions that were suggested to us were amazing and we couldn't recommend our friends stay anywhere else.
Thank you again and we definatley look forward to visiting again in the near future.

Room Tip: Pay for the best package - i can personally gurantee it will be worth every cent.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springbrook
QT Gold Coast
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
#1 of 16 in Broadbeach
O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat, Mountain Villas and Lost World Spa
Binna Burra Mountain Lodge

Been to The Mouses House Rainforest Retreat? Share your experiences!