“A Jewel beside famous neighbour Tian Ran Vegetarian”
Review of Malaysia Menu - CLOSED

Malaysia Menu
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Singapore, Singapore
“A Jewel beside famous neighbour Tian Ran Vegetarian”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Me and my wife are Singaporeans who was on holiday from 6-13 July 13. We tried so many Chinese restaurants during our 1 week stay and none can compare this restaurant in sure delight of the tongue. It was so good, we went back twice and drove 30 mins from Coolangatta just to have our dinner there.

It was a gem just a few stores beside famous neighbour Tian Ran Vegetarian Restaurant. Our GPS was programmed for Tian Ran but eventually being home sick we decided to try the modest looking Malaysia Menu Chinese Restaurant and we never regretted the choice.

The food was so delicious (2 Chinese Australian families with family members in tow) that persons whom came from afar (not from Gold Coast) would exclaim very nice food while eating them. Japanese group did the same thing, exclaim that it was very good. The crowd was mixed too, Australians loved the spicy prawn noodle soup and I love the Assam laksa Malaysian chicken hot wok. It was sweet and slightly spicy just nice on a cold winter night.

The sambal balacan brought slight tears to my eyes as I was slightly homesick (without knowing it) and my wife told me I smile like a toad upon seeing it. It was sure joy having the spicy chilli paste only found in Malaysia/Singapore and I was so happy. The food was yummy twice. I would have gone there again and again if I had stayed in Gold Coast long term. The rice was very fragrant.

The price was more reasonable, compared to some other Malaysian restaurant we tried. Of course the owner lady was very friendly and understanding, we had requested for less salty. She was able to get the chef (presumably the husband) to cook it to our Asian liking. I say it is pretty close to our taste (95%)

It is great food, you bet I will be back there while in Gold Coast again.

• Visited July 2013