“Yoga bliss by the beach”

Essence of Living Yoga and Pilates Studio
More attraction details
Owner description: Essence of Living is a yoga & pilates studio based in Broadbeach on the beautiful Gold Coast. We offer dynamic yoga and pilates classes for all levels of practitioner - from beginner through to intermediate and advanced. Our teachers are committed to delivering classes that will uplift, energise, and ultimately open the body, mind, and heart.
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Having visited a few yoga studios/retreats around the world Essence of living is up there as one of the best yoga studios I have encountered. Michelle the owner and her sister Clare are amazing, not to discount any other teachers that may be teaching as they all have a unique fabulousness. What I loved the most was that as a beginner with zero confidence I was encouraged and inspired. As time went on and I practiced more regularly I was taught a deeper practice of yoga and meditation. Most times I walked out feeling like I was floating on cloud but that my body had been worked out.

Essence gives it all. In a naturally humid climate you easily build heat. The teachers have often practiced and taught around the world so they bring a dynamic, fresh and challenging sequence of poses. Then they top it off with a decent length shavasana complimented by a comforting authentic yogi tune AND you usually get a foot, shoulder or neck massage that feels like you're being touched by an angel.

The pilates classes are also fantastic and I especially loved the pilates bar class when I was there last. I also attended an amazing retreat with Michelle that I highly recommend. The fees are
more than reasonable and I wouldn't be suprised if Essence becomes global one day. My advice is to get there before it gets too popular!

1  Thank EvviY

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have been doing yoga on-and-off for about 14 years and this is truly the best yoga studio that I have been to ever, now living in Brisbane I am yet to find something that comes close.

Michelle the founder is helpful, genuine and committed to the well being and advancement of students in her classes and all other teachers are similarly brilliant...she also operates a yoga teacher training school with all teachers being knowledgable and professional. The studio is close to the beach off the Gold Coast Highway and is such a calming place, my impression was that all other people going there looked forward to the classes and definitely left better people afterwards.

The studio is not just about regular yoga, there are also music/yoga nights with Soulfire, pilates classes and other workshops that appeal to many different people.

They have beginner and advanced classes, and options for casual visits as well as 5 and 10 class passes that would suit holiday-makers as well. If I was still in the area I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

1  Thank Paul J
Reviewed March 24, 2013

The first time I walked up the stairs to the "Essence of Living" studio, I knew I was on a winner. It has a great vibe and you feel like you are entering a sanctuary, even though it is situated only minutes from Pacific Fair shopping centre, on the Gold Coast.
The teachers are all fabulous and well trained and they take a caring, individual role in looking after each person's needs. I was initially daunted with the prospect of 1+1/2hr yoga class, but the time went very quickly.
I now understand the value of yoga in a studio such as this, as the instructors spend more time with you teaching the basics or workshopping a particular pose. As you progress you too will find yourself doing headstands....who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? And I am over 50yo!
Aside from yoga, there is also a Pliates studio and a really dynamic Pilates Barre class. The best explanation I have is a cross between jazz ballet and Pilates, in a non impact aerobic style class. Well worth a try if you have limited time and want results.
Essence of Living is a great mind, body and spirit experience, suitable for visitors or those wanting to extend their yoga practice. Ask about their package deals.

1  Thank Suzique60