We stayed at the resort for 2 weeks over Labour weekend. Apon check in via Bluesky was told the Safety locks and chains had been removed from inside doors for a safety issues if there was a fire, BUT if there was a fire you would 1st need to find your swipe card from your smoke filled room to be able to get out of the building... Not very logic! Another bad reason, your child can open the door and be gone down the stairs as there is no lifts in resort before you know it and not be able to get back in as we found out many times.
In one of the rooms the screen door lock was broken which we were told someone would come to fix it on our 1st day along with the swipe card entry to our room as the battery was getting low. Neither of these were fixed during the stay.
There are safe's in the rooms but they dont work or have the codes to lock then re-open them so hid your valuables.
The beds.... We only had a double bed with the matress about 3inches thick. My husband has a tender neck this just made it sssoooo much worst. He ended up spending $800 of our money on the Drs and chiropracter to try and get it fixed, then just have to do it all again the next day because of the horrible beds. Hence he was in alot of pain the whole holiday not very relaxing time had by all.
We couldn't just check out and go to another hotel as we had to pay 1 month in advance.
However the pool's and faclities were nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Beach Resort provides premier family accommodation set in a sub-tropical oasis just 300 metres to the beach. Truly a relaxing holiday home, the resort offers spacious one, two and three bedroom fully self contained apartments in a 3 storey walk up complex (please note we do not have lifts on site). Facilities include flat screen televisions and complimentary Foxtel channels. All apartments have balconies and terraces that overlook tropical greenery and manicured gardens. Take advantage of the extensive recreational facilities including 4 separate swimming areas with a mix of lagoon and lap swimming pools, waterslide, spa's, adults only pool and spa, Putt'n Around* our 15 hole themed putt-putt course, children's playground, 2 saunas, floodlit tennis court*, fitness room, games room*, 8 BBQ areas and FREE WiFi access. For those who prefer a slower pace, soak up the relaxed poolside atmosphere or send the kids to the cinema theatrette. Enjoy a woodfired pizza at our onsite restaurant 'The Deck' or pick up supplies at our onsite convenience store 'Fresh' which features a wide range of grocery items and an internet cafe. Turtle Beach Resort has designed a holiday program especially for the kids, packed with lots of fun activities to compliment our facilities. Club Turtle* is for kids aged four to twelve inclusive where they can choose to sit in and watch or join in the pre-arranged activities including creative art and craft sessions, big screen Wii interactive games, an Xbox only designated room for the game players, as well as party theme nights with Disco and Movies screenings. Our Exciting water playground 'Splash Zone" features 4 water slides, 2 toddler slides, dumping bucket, water cannons and lots more. Book for your family and friends..They will love you for it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Turtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Hotel Mermaid Beach
- Sands Turtle Beach Hotel
- Sands Turtle Beach Mermaid
- Turtle Beach Resort Gold Coast/Mermaid Beach, Australia