My family -partner and twin boys stayed here for 2 weeks in May 2009.We found it a great location especially considering we had a car and got undercover security parking.The ground floor 2 bedroom apartment was clean,spacious and had everything we needed.The grounds were very well maintained and all the staff very friendly and helpful if needed.My only major complaint would be that the pools that were advertised as heated were very cold as were the spas.I asked the staff at reception which pools were heated and they said all were.I told them they were freezing along with others complaining but got told they were 24 degrees.Therefore we didnt get the use of the many pools in the resort which was a shame.
It was great value for money as it was low season so we got stay 14nights pay for 10 and would recommend it although don't expect to go swimming unless under the age of 18 as the older kids did'nt seem to mind the temperature of the water.There were plenty of bbq's and the pizza restaurant was nice.I would suggest buying supplies,alcohol included outside the resort as the prices in the convenience store inside the resort was very expensive as was the internet use.across the highway was the beach and is a pleasant and easy walk and plenty of places to eat within walking distance.We also used a babysitter that the resort booked for us once and that was successful and easy to arrange.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Beach Resort provides premier family accommodation set in a sub-tropical oasis just 300 metres to the beach. Truly a relaxing holiday home, the resort offers spacious one, two and three bedroom fully self contained apartments in a 3 storey walk up complex (please note we do not have lifts on site). Facilities include flat screen televisions and complimentary Foxtel channels. All apartments have balconies and terraces that overlook tropical greenery and manicured gardens. Take advantage of the extensive recreational facilities including 4 separate swimming areas with a mix of lagoon and lap swimming pools, waterslide, spa's, adults only pool and spa, Putt'n Around* our 15 hole themed putt-putt course, children's playground, 2 saunas, floodlit tennis court*, fitness room, games room*, 8 BBQ areas and FREE WiFi access. For those who prefer a slower pace, soak up the relaxed poolside atmosphere or send the kids to the cinema theatrette. Enjoy a woodfired pizza at our onsite restaurant 'The Deck' or pick up supplies at our onsite convenience store 'Fresh' which features a wide range of grocery items and an internet cafe. Turtle Beach Resort has designed a holiday program especially for the kids, packed with lots of fun activities to compliment our facilities. Club Turtle* is for kids aged four to twelve inclusive where they can choose to sit in and watch or join in the pre-arranged activities including creative art and craft sessions, big screen Wii interactive games, an Xbox only designated room for the game players, as well as party theme nights with Disco and Movies screenings. Our Exciting water playground 'Splash Zone" features 4 water slides, 2 toddler slides, dumping bucket, water cannons and lots more. Book for your family and friends..They will love you for it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Turtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Hotel Mermaid Beach
- Sands Turtle Beach Hotel
- Sands Turtle Beach Mermaid
- Turtle Beach Resort Gold Coast/Mermaid Beach, Australia