I booked this resort prior to reading the reviews on this site and I was quite worried that I might be disappointed. I was but only slightly. The size of the unit was great, large rooms, ensuite and bathroom clean, tv in master bedroom was a bonus. The eateries are excellent, very convenient if you have young children as we did ages 2 and 4. Pizza is yummy, hamburgers at cafe delicious and whole resort was very child friendly. Internet access at the conveniece store was handy as well. Only down side was, the main couch in our apartment was filthy. Very grubby looked like it came off the side of the road and should have been replaced a long long time ago. Rest of the furnishings were fine so this did seem rather odd. The other thing that slithly peeved me was that I requested an early check in which didn't happen. We arrived early and were told to leave our mobile number and we would be called when room was ready. Well we returned just after check in time 2.15 and although our room was ready nobody called us, so we'd probably wasted some time looking around the local shoping centre. Staff didn't ask us how our stay was on check out either which indicated the level of interest they have in your stay. Our room was on the 2nd level and I would say that having young children this level was a good choice. Would not recommend a ground level unit as not much privacy with peope walking by and terraces are not fenced so young children could easily escape. I think we probably would not have coped so well with 3 levels and youngsters climbing stairs so level 2 was a good choice. I would probably not stay here again not because I didn't like the resort but because I wouldn't want to land that filthy couch again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Beach Resort provides premier family accommodation set in a sub-tropical oasis just 300 metres to the beach. Truly a relaxing holiday home, the resort offers spacious one, two and three bedroom fully self contained apartments in a 3 storey walk up complex (please note we do not have lifts on site). Facilities include flat screen televisions and complimentary Foxtel channels. All apartments have balconies and terraces that overlook tropical greenery and manicured gardens. Take advantage of the extensive recreational facilities including 4 separate swimming areas with a mix of lagoon and lap swimming pools, waterslide, spa's, adults only pool and spa, Putt'n Around* our 15 hole themed putt-putt course, children's playground, 2 saunas, floodlit tennis court*, fitness room, games room*, 8 BBQ areas and FREE WiFi access. For those who prefer a slower pace, soak up the relaxed poolside atmosphere or send the kids to the cinema theatrette. Enjoy a woodfired pizza at our onsite restaurant 'The Deck' or pick up supplies at our onsite convenience store 'Fresh' which features a wide range of grocery items and an internet cafe. Turtle Beach Resort has designed a holiday program especially for the kids, packed with lots of fun activities to compliment our facilities. Club Turtle* is for kids aged four to twelve inclusive where they can choose to sit in and watch or join in the pre-arranged activities including creative art and craft sessions, big screen Wii interactive games, an Xbox only designated room for the game players, as well as party theme nights with Disco and Movies screenings. Our Exciting water playground 'Splash Zone" features 4 water slides, 2 toddler slides, dumping bucket, water cannons and lots more. Book for your family and friends..They will love you for it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Turtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Hotel Mermaid Beach
- Sands Turtle Beach Hotel
- Sands Turtle Beach Mermaid
- Turtle Beach Resort Gold Coast/Mermaid Beach, Australia