We have just returned from a week at Turtle Beach with our almost-4-year-old boy. We purposely chose it because, whilst part of the Gold Coast and its wonderful beaches, it is also NOT part of Surfers Paradise.
Our week started with the worrying news that we'd chose 'Schoolies Week' for our holiday, when the Gold Coast is invaded by thousands of teenagers who've just finished their exams. We need not have worried, though, as we almost never even heard them partying and, although there were some groups staying at Turtle Beach, either they were the quieter variety or the resort staff were managing them well - either way, they didn't affect our family holiday.
The resort is well laid-out, with swimming pools and tennis courts slotted in between the apartment blocks and also a 'putt-putt' course of 18 holes. The staff were always extremely helpful and courteous and the apartment we rented (282) was clean on arrival and reasonably equipped to self-cater. There are also a number of bbq sites scattered through the property which somehow always seemed to be spotless when we wanted to use them.
We used the resort shuttle to get to and from Dreamworld and that worked very well.
The fabulous beach is about a ten-minute walk (15 with a littley!), with beautiful, soft, golden sand and enough surf to enjoy without being a threat to our 3-year-old.
All-in-all, a good holiday and one we're likely to repeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Turtle Beach Resort provides premier family accommodation set in a sub-tropical oasis just 300 metres to the beach. Truly a relaxing holiday home, the resort offers spacious one, two and three bedroom fully self contained apartments in a 3 storey walk up complex (please note we do not have lifts on site). Facilities include flat screen televisions and complimentary Foxtel channels. All apartments have balconies and terraces that overlook tropical greenery and manicured gardens. Take advantage of the extensive recreational facilities including 4 separate swimming areas with a mix of lagoon and lap swimming pools, waterslide, spa's, adults only pool and spa, Putt'n Around* our 15 hole themed putt-putt course, children's playground, 2 saunas, floodlit tennis court*, fitness room, games room*, 8 BBQ areas and FREE WiFi access. For those who prefer a slower pace, soak up the relaxed poolside atmosphere or send the kids to the cinema theatrette. Enjoy a woodfired pizza at our onsite restaurant 'The Deck' or pick up supplies at our onsite convenience store 'Fresh' which features a wide range of grocery items and an internet cafe. Turtle Beach Resort has designed a holiday program especially for the kids, packed with lots of fun activities to compliment our facilities. Club Turtle* is for kids aged four to twelve inclusive where they can choose to sit in and watch or join in the pre-arranged activities including creative art and craft sessions, big screen Wii interactive games, an Xbox only designated room for the game players, as well as party theme nights with Disco and Movies screenings. Our Exciting water playground 'Splash Zone" features 4 water slides, 2 toddler slides, dumping bucket, water cannons and lots more. Book for your family and friends..They will love you for it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Turtle Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach Hotel Mermaid Beach
- Sands Turtle Beach Hotel
- Sands Turtle Beach Mermaid
- Turtle Beach Resort Gold Coast/Mermaid Beach, Australia