“Excellent family resort - facilities for both kids and adults.l”

Turtle Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Mermaid Beach
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Situated on Gold Coast Hwy, only 3-4km from Surfers Paradise, Turtle Beach Resort is a family centric getaway. Pools (inc. a water slide), tennis courts, putt-putt and on-site eateries make this an ideal place for families with kids <12yrs. Staff are friendly and responsive. Lots of people are, obviously, repeat visitors. Resort is clean and well maintained.

2  Thank The_4_Bears2
Melanie R, on behalf of the Resort Manager at Turtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you so much for your lovely review of our property; you have definitely highlighted the best of our Resort. We hope that you have now joined our repeat guest list and we hope than you come back soon. Kind regards Melanie

Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is the third time we have stayed at Turtle Beach, and we will come back again. It has all the amenities you need - plenty of swimming pools, tennis courts, cage, pizza restaurant, convenience store, bbq facilities, mini golf and games room, plus close proximity to local shops and walking distance to the beach. Whilst we had a hire car, the bus for theme parks stops right outside the resort. The rooms are quiet (we heard no neighbours) and spacious. A few of our friends have stayed here as well, and we recommend it to others, as it's close enough to everything on the Gold Coast, without having to stay right in the heart of the gold coast. A very enjoyable time once again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Leigh-Anne, thank you for being so supportive of Turtle Beach Resort. We appreciate your review and your recommendations. We have found that a high percentage of our guests hear about our Resort from family and friends and we thank you for this. I hope that we can welcome you soon for your 4th visit. Thank you again Melanie

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good facilities for families (although the pools were a bit deep even for adults, so you have to make sure you are always supervising your kids in the pools). Handy to have the food eateries on site. No lifts so if you are on the top floor, dragging the luggage and shopping up and down can be a bit difficult - especially if you have oldies or young ones on holiday with you. Wouldn't stay here as a couple, or probably even with friends though as it is very much catered towards families. The one thing that really let it down was that the website stated WiFi was available, and as I work for myself, I needed daily access to it. But by the second day I found out I could only get it by going down to the front office, and even then it was slow and sometimes dropped out. I realise for most on holiday, going on the internet isn't an important thing, but it really was for me and I couldn't just sit in the unit at night doing my work while the kids/family were watching TV/asleep. Definitely frustrating. Was even happy to pay for access, like I have at many other accommodation places, but it wasn't an option.

Room Tip: Don't pay for an upgrade to a 'superior suite' - my sister was in one with her family an...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Melanie R, on behalf of the Resort Manager at Turtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Little-traveller25, I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. You are quite correct; we certainly do cater for the family market as can be seen by our huge array of family friendly facilities. Don’t forget though, we also have our adults only pool, which allows couples to enjoy the sunshine without children around – for that little bit of peace and quiet. I appreciate your comments regarding the WiFi and will ensure that this is given priority. Thank you for your review and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to our property again.
Kind regards Melanie

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The staff that we met are hardly glowing ads for this resort., Grumpy dragonlike qualites aren't a good look in this industry. This was the only down side to an otherwise great stay. Facilities were great although the gym needs to be bigger and a greater variety of machines. This is called a resort so it needs to have resort like qualities in this regard. Intend to come back and hopefully the 2 dragonladies are having a few days off when we are next there.

Room Tip: A groundfloor room is useful for the luggage. No lifts.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Mike P, Thanks so much for your review. I appreciate your comments regarding the gym and have forwarded them to the Resort Manager for her review. I have also taken on board your remarks regarding our staff. I am not sure who it refers but we will be able to constructively assess our service. I look forward to welcoming you back again. Kind regards Melanie

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had a 3 night stay over Easter with 4 and 6 year old kids. The facilities are pretty good for this age group. Our kids loved the pool with the water slide, the putt putt - although at $5 for kids and $7 for adults it was quite expensive. We played tennis - free if you bring balls and racquets - just need to book. We used the BBQ facilities which are good and plentiful. Handy being under cover as it poured while we were cooking. The rooms were comfortable but nothing flash which is fine as we were out of the room most of the time. There are also a couple of trampolines and a cinema showing 4 movies per day. We didn't go but this is a good rainy day option as is the games room althought plenty of coins probably required. Staff were very helpful and mostly good with information. The woodfired pizza restaurant was great - really nice pizzas and not too long to wait even though it was busy. The rainforest cafe had a small menu and we didn't eat there. ordered coffee one morning and ended up cancelling it after waiting over 10 mins. We took a bus into Surfers one day which was really easy and we could even use our Brisbane Go cards. There are also lots of restaurants within walking distance or a short drive. We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear kbaz_13, Thank you for taking the time to pen your review on our property. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your Easter getaway with us and plan on returning. I appreciate your comments, both positive and negative, on our food and beverage outlets which have been brought to the attention of the department manager. Thank you again. Kind regards Melanie

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Words can not explain turtle beach. We stayed 7 nights and didn't want to leave. It's paradise. The cafe was great. The woodfire pizzas are amazing. The pools and putt putt are fantastic for the kids and adults. BBQ areas are tranquil. Rooms terrific. Staff are unbelievable. Helpful, smiling. Convinience store is so so handy. I'm so coming back. I'll never stay anywhere else but turtle beach.
Only negative I could give which is no way anything to do with turtle beach or the staff and u will get this everywhere but it would b nice if parents controlled there children. But that's something out of everyone's control unless u make a pamphlet with rules that parents have to sign upon arrival. Just a suggestion.
Everyone must go there. You will not regret it.

1  Thank Tam197607
Melanie R, on behalf of the Resort Manager at Turtle Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Tam197607, Words cannot express how happy I am to hear such a fabulous review! I am so glad you had a wonderful stay and thank you for your recommendation – another loyal guest. I certainly acknowledge your comments regarding the differing levels of supervision and control of children at the Resort; it can certainly be difficult at times. Unfortunately our hands are somewhat tied but thank you for your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort.
Kind regards
Melanie

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just spent 7 days at Turtle Beach with the family and we had a great time. Large resort surrounded by, what I would call a "Tropical Rainforest". Pool areas great, and our 2 bedroom apartment spacious and comfortable. My only negative is when I pulled off the sheets from kids room to wash, I noticed the mattress protectors were heavily stained. I would have expected these to be changed with the linen before new guests arrive.

1  Thank Tasia65

Dear Tasia65, thank you for your support of Turtle Beach Resort and your good review; I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. I will forward your comment regarding the mattress protectors to our Executive Housekeeper, as I certainly agree that these should be kept clean at all times. Unfortunately I am not aware of which room you were in, which will make it tricky to pin point, but regardless of this, action will be taken. Thank you again, and we hope you will stay with us again.
Kind regards

#15 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Sea World Resort
Sea World Resort
#2 of 5 in Main Beach

Been to Turtle Beach Resort? Share your experiences!