“Great facilities and location.”

Turtle Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Mermaid Beach
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great facilities and location.”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The staff that we met are hardly glowing ads for this resort., Grumpy dragonlike qualites aren't a good look in this industry. This was the only down side to an otherwise great stay. Facilities were great although the gym needs to be bigger and a greater variety of machines. This is called a resort so it needs to have resort like qualities in this regard. Intend to come back and hopefully the 2 dragonladies are having a few days off when we are next there.

Room Tip: A groundfloor room is useful for the luggage. No lifts.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Melanie R, on behalf of the Resort Manager at Turtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Mike P, Thanks so much for your review. I appreciate your comments regarding the gym and have forwarded them to the Resort Manager for her review. I have also taken on board your remarks regarding our staff. I am not sure who it refers but we will be able to constructively assess our service. I look forward to welcoming you back again. Kind regards Melanie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We had a 3 night stay over Easter with 4 and 6 year old kids. The facilities are pretty good for this age group. Our kids loved the pool with the water slide, the putt putt - although at $5 for kids and $7 for adults it was quite expensive. We played tennis - free if you bring balls and racquets - just need to book. We used the BBQ facilities which are good and plentiful. Handy being under cover as it poured while we were cooking. The rooms were comfortable but nothing flash which is fine as we were out of the room most of the time. There are also a couple of trampolines and a cinema showing 4 movies per day. We didn't go but this is a good rainy day option as is the games room althought plenty of coins probably required. Staff were very helpful and mostly good with information. The woodfired pizza restaurant was great - really nice pizzas and not too long to wait even though it was busy. The rainforest cafe had a small menu and we didn't eat there. ordered coffee one morning and ended up cancelling it after waiting over 10 mins. We took a bus into Surfers one day which was really easy and we could even use our Brisbane Go cards. There are also lots of restaurants within walking distance or a short drive. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear kbaz_13, Thank you for taking the time to pen your review on our property. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your Easter getaway with us and plan on returning. I appreciate your comments, both positive and negative, on our food and beverage outlets which have been brought to the attention of the department manager. Thank you again. Kind regards Melanie
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Words can not explain turtle beach. We stayed 7 nights and didn't want to leave. It's paradise. The cafe was great. The woodfire pizzas are amazing. The pools and putt putt are fantastic for the kids and adults. BBQ areas are tranquil. Rooms terrific. Staff are unbelievable. Helpful, smiling. Convinience store is so so handy. I'm so coming back. I'll never stay anywhere else but turtle beach.
Only negative I could give which is no way anything to do with turtle beach or the staff and u will get this everywhere but it would b nice if parents controlled there children. But that's something out of everyone's control unless u make a pamphlet with rules that parents have to sign upon arrival. Just a suggestion.
Everyone must go there. You will not regret it.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Tam197607
Melanie R, on behalf of the Resort Manager at Turtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Tam197607, Words cannot express how happy I am to hear such a fabulous review! I am so glad you had a wonderful stay and thank you for your recommendation – another loyal guest. I certainly acknowledge your comments regarding the differing levels of supervision and control of children at the Resort; it can certainly be difficult at times. Unfortunately our hands are somewhat tied but thank you for your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Resort.
Kind regards
Melanie
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just spent 7 days at Turtle Beach with the family and we had a great time. Large resort surrounded by, what I would call a "Tropical Rainforest". Pool areas great, and our 2 bedroom apartment spacious and comfortable. My only negative is when I pulled off the sheets from kids room to wash, I noticed the mattress protectors were heavily stained. I would have expected these to be changed with the linen before new guests arrive.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Tasia65
Dear Tasia65, thank you for your support of Turtle Beach Resort and your good review; I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us. I will forward your comment regarding the mattress protectors to our Executive Housekeeper, as I certainly agree that these should be kept clean at all times. Unfortunately I am not aware of which room you were in, which will make it tricky to pin point, but regardless of this, action will be taken. Thank you again, and we hope you will stay with us again.
Kind regards
Melanie
Waiheke Island, New Zealand
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed in an 'Executive Apartment' which I wouldnt describe as that. Old cheap plastic outdoor furniture, uncomfortable couches and large hard pillows. The rollaway was cheap and broken, my son slept on the mattress on the floor. Nothing to wash dishes with, an old frying pan that wasnt even a non stick one, pot lids missing. My parents stayed in a standard room and had better furnishings than us, and when I spoke to the staff was told it was the 'luck of the draw' as the apartments are individually owned. I said I understood that, just would have 'assumed' that to be paying more money for an executive room, the owners would have to keep it up to a certain standard.They didnt seem to care. The WIFI was very poor, which doesnt help when you have to work while you are there. Also it was disappointing that the shop just closes whenever, not at the 8pm time, esp when you go down for ice cream and DVD's at 7pm on a Saturday night to find them closed. In saying all this, I would stay again, but wouldnt waste my money on an 'upgrade' little disappointing.

2 Thank Kerrod
Dear Kerrod, hank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologise that your stay did not meet your expectations and I hope that your comments and room number were passed on to Reception so they could be actioned on by our housekeeping and management team. It is our procedure for any room complaints to be address by the relevant department so that we can continue to coordinate room improvements with each apartment owner. As of the 8th of April, we have discontinued the “Executive Room”. Instead we have introduced a “Superior Room” category which attracts a lower upgrade fee and is focussed on refurbished, good quality furnishings and fittings. We believe that this category will be more appealing to our guests. I have forwarded your comments to our Food and Beverage owner, so that he is aware of the situation with regard to the Convenience Store closure; I can understand your disappointment to see it closed early on Saturday night. I hope that we may be able to welcome you back to the resort on another occasion and thank you once again. Kind regards Melanie
Thames, New Zealand
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My daughter and I, and a friend just spent 7 days at turtle beach resort. It is absolutely beautiful, there was always someone outside making sure the resort was neat and tidy, the staff were so friendly and helpful. We didnt want to come home and definitely going back next year - one week is NOT enough. Lots for the family to do, its a wonderful place to have a holiday. We cant wait to go back. Our apartment was immaculate and we were really made to feel at home. Many thanks to the staff and management who make Turtle Beach Resort, the BEST place to have your holiday. See you next year!!

Room Tip: After walking around the whole resort, I think ANY room would be perfect.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jojo649
Dear Jojo649. Wow, thank you so much for your great review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We can’t wait to welcome you back to the Resort next year.
Kind regards Melanie
VIC
Reviewed March 18, 2013

What else could you ask for? Its all here. My kids and nieces had a ball here. aged between 4 and 12 this place really caters for everyone. We have stayed here before.Rooms are spacious and clean and they have a security guard that makes sure the noise is kept to a minimal after 10pm. The new waterslide was a great addition!!! Well done guys. We are coming back again next year...

Room Tip: I liked being on level 1 as you have a balcony.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Melanie R, on behalf of the Resort Manager at Turtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Natolsen. I totally agree with all your comments on and thank you so much for posting such a positive review. We cant wait to welcome you and your family back to Turtle Beach Resort soon. Kind regards Melanie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mermaid Beach
Paradise Resort Gold Coast
Paradise Resort Gold Coast
#16 of 32 in Surfers Paradise
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,392 reviews

Been to Turtle Beach Resort? Share your experiences!