“Great Greek”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 11, 2013

As locals we thought we knew all the good places to eat on the GOLD COAST. How wrong can you be? This is a very sophisticated restaurant where you could be mistaken for thinking you were in Europe or here at home Melbourne.
Great Atmosphere, great vibe, sensational food and staff that care. We had the banquet $55 per person to get to taste a variety of dishes. Lamb shoulder was so tender you could cut it with a spoon. We will be making this a regular from now on. Wine list was another plus. Make this a must go if you are on the Gold Coast

2  Thank Walter J

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We ate here on Saturday evening having booked it some days in advance having read such wonderful reviews of it.
The restaurant absolutely lived up to its reputation with AMAZING food (my husband said its the best meal he had ever eaten!) and a wonderful atmosphere. It was packed with people and I think booking in advance is a must. Despite many tourists on the Gold Coast it seems this is also a favorite amongst the locals. We had a chat with the people at the table next to us and they were from Brisbane and regularly drove all the way just to eat at this restaurant. I understand why.
Portion sizes were good and the lamb was to die for - everything cooked to perfection!

Overall amazing food and wine, incredible atmosphere and a very joyful evening out!

1  Thank IngaSorlie
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We visited Hellenika on a Saturday night and went to the first sitting as we had older people with our party of 9. As we had over 8 people at the table, we were obliged to have the banquet. It was absolutely faultless. Every person in our group enjoyed every one of the courses, which is an achievement! There was enough for everyone and the food was authentic, fresh and delicious.
We were seated under a heater which became too warm and was turned off as soon as we asked, the waiter was prompt and efficient, and the booze flowed freely.
My one criticism is that the wine/ drinks list is pricey.
A great time was had by all, I can highly recommend for a special occasion, it will be memorable.

1  Thank JohnsiesonHol
Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

My partner treated me to a beautiful dinner for my birthday last year, we did not skimp on the menu, and wanted to try everything possible!! Enjoyed the lot, highly recommended.

1  Thank Yelra22
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Ordered several dishes for 'sharing' - the lamb and the beef cheek were the standouts. Melt-in-the-mouth tender. I found the sauce for the beef cheek was a little strong - possibly reduced a little too much, so the beef was no longer the star on the plate. But that is a quibble. The kids (picky eaters) loved the zucchini chips. The service was friendly and attentive without being obtrusive - e.g. water refills without needing to ask.
It's not particularly cheap, but you get what you pay for. This is good value.
I'd highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes Greek food.

1  Thank Melbourne3136