“Unplug and recharge”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Meredith
Harmony Hill Lodging & Retreat Center
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Staying in the Tan Yurt at Harmony Hill was the perfect vacation for my husband, myself and our dog. Every morning we woke up and had a cup of coffee by the pond, then hiked the trails surrounding the property, weaving over black berry hills and into sun filled meadows. Our dog was as peaceful and happy as we were enjoying cooking on the campfire (totally our choice, we could have used oven, stove top, or microwave inside) and walking the labyrinth.

If you like swimming, head over to Pine Lake (you can use the boats at no charge.) We picked up our fruits and fresh local vegetables at stands along the highway on the way there. For fresh grass fed meats, be sure to drive down the dirt road to Stone and Thistle, if you are lucky they will have room at their table for your Sunday brunch or Saturday dinner! Don't forget to book it in advance! After you walk the Rail and Train, head over to Table on Ten. They have a romantic (and delicious) pizza nights on the weekends.

We were both planning our return trip before our vacation was even half way over.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Harmony Hill provided my husband and I with the perfect balance of serenity and activity. We were not far from the Catskills Scenic Route (rails to trails) and the hiking trails on the property are impeccably kept and marked. We experienced the best service and Chris and her staff went far out of their way to ensure that everything one would need to have a fabulous weekend was supplied. We wanted for nothing! This was just what we needed to find our center and enjoy each other's company.

Room Tip: Any room on this property would be wonderful!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in a yurt at Harmony Hill on a long weekend trip out of NYC. It was the perfect amalgamation of nature and amenity. The hill itself is literally up a hill and felt very secluded from the surrounding towns which were secluded in and of themselves. The Yurt was beautiful, comfortable, had its own fire pit and planeterium-like star gazing in the nearby field was truly astounding. Chris was a gracious host giving us a quick rundown of how the yurt worked and informing us of nearby attractions. She was always available but very conscious of personal space and let us enjoy the radness that she has crafted on the Hill.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My daughter turned 16 in July and wanted to go camping to celebrate. I researched places online, and stumbled across Harmony Hill. From the minute that we arrived, I realized that we found the perfect spot. The tan yurt that we stayed in was beautiful and well furnished. We had a bonfire the first night right, roasting marshmallows. We took walks on their trails, and enjoyed all of the beauty that nature had to offer. As a single parent, I felt safe with my daughter and her friend. The area surrounding the retreat were local farms and homes, and all of the people that we met were warm and friendly. "Table for Ten" had the best pizza that I ever ate, and Bibliobarn provided us with hours of looking at books, old and new. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a quiet place to just get away. My daughter's comment when we arrived was "When do we move in?" and she can't wait to go again. This will have to become an annual event for us. I am not a 'camping person' and I loved it. This was the perfect mini-vacation! I had never been to the Catskills before, and I felt like i found heaven on earth - it was that beautiful.

Room Tip: The Tan Yurt was bigger than the other yurts, having both a queen bed in the bedroom, and a pull-ou...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed in the Green Yurt for 3 nights and we could have stayed longer! Lovely location, quiet and serene. Beautiful nature all around. The yurt is cozy and clean and it has everything you could possibly need. Perfect getaway for a couple of busy people that have a hard time to find quality time for each other. We are coming back!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed in the Green Yurt (July 6-7) this summer. This was our first time in a yurt and it was awesome! We loved the location--far enough away from everything, yet close enough to grocery stores and restaurants. The yurt was very clean, comfortable and well furnished. Additionally, it was great to be able to have a full kitchen and fire pit. Highly recommended for a natural hotel alternative. Very relaxing!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed in the Blue Yurt just this past weekend (June 28-June 30 2013).

Loved:
- the location! I didn't know this area of New York state and I fell in love with it. The old barns, the back gravel roads, the trees, the people everything! (Check out the Biblobarn book store, and the small town of Hobart)
- the Yurt, such a great expereince to stay in one of these cute little yurt's! It had everything you could ever need all in one spot! Great deck, great bed (so comfy) and so peaceful to listen to the rain on the roof at night
- Chris (your host), is so great! She has helpful maps, and tips of things to see in the area.

This place is heaven. It is a great spot to stay if you want to relax or if you want to explore the area and hike!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
#6 of 9 in Oneonta
The Otesaga Resort Hotel
The Otesaga Resort Hotel
#2 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Harmony Hill Lodging & Retreat Center? Share your experiences!