“Perfect Amalgamation of Nature and Amenity”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in East Meredith
Harmony Hill Lodging & Retreat Center
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in a yurt at Harmony Hill on a long weekend trip out of NYC. It was the perfect amalgamation of nature and amenity. The hill itself is literally up a hill and felt very secluded from the surrounding towns which were secluded in and of themselves. The Yurt was beautiful, comfortable, had its own fire pit and planeterium-like star gazing in the nearby field was truly astounding. Chris was a gracious host giving us a quick rundown of how the yurt worked and informing us of nearby attractions. She was always available but very conscious of personal space and let us enjoy the radness that she has crafted on the Hill.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My daughter turned 16 in July and wanted to go camping to celebrate. I researched places online, and stumbled across Harmony Hill. From the minute that we arrived, I realized that we found the perfect spot. The tan yurt that we stayed in was beautiful and well furnished. We had a bonfire the first night right, roasting marshmallows. We took walks on their trails, and enjoyed all of the beauty that nature had to offer. As a single parent, I felt safe with my daughter and her friend. The area surrounding the retreat were local farms and homes, and all of the people that we met were warm and friendly. "Table for Ten" had the best pizza that I ever ate, and Bibliobarn provided us with hours of looking at books, old and new. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a quiet place to just get away. My daughter's comment when we arrived was "When do we move in?" and she can't wait to go again. This will have to become an annual event for us. I am not a 'camping person' and I loved it. This was the perfect mini-vacation! I had never been to the Catskills before, and I felt like i found heaven on earth - it was that beautiful.

Room Tip: The Tan Yurt was bigger than the other yurts, having both a queen bed in the bedroom, and a pull-ou...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed in the Green Yurt for 3 nights and we could have stayed longer! Lovely location, quiet and serene. Beautiful nature all around. The yurt is cozy and clean and it has everything you could possibly need. Perfect getaway for a couple of busy people that have a hard time to find quality time for each other. We are coming back!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed in the Green Yurt (July 6-7) this summer. This was our first time in a yurt and it was awesome! We loved the location--far enough away from everything, yet close enough to grocery stores and restaurants. The yurt was very clean, comfortable and well furnished. Additionally, it was great to be able to have a full kitchen and fire pit. Highly recommended for a natural hotel alternative. Very relaxing!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed in the Blue Yurt just this past weekend (June 28-June 30 2013).

Loved:
- the location! I didn't know this area of New York state and I fell in love with it. The old barns, the back gravel roads, the trees, the people everything! (Check out the Biblobarn book store, and the small town of Hobart)
- the Yurt, such a great expereince to stay in one of these cute little yurt's! It had everything you could ever need all in one spot! Great deck, great bed (so comfy) and so peaceful to listen to the rain on the roof at night
- Chris (your host), is so great! She has helpful maps, and tips of things to see in the area.

This place is heaven. It is a great spot to stay if you want to relax or if you want to explore the area and hike!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my first time in a Yert. I went in a little nervous as to what to expect and I left pleasantly surprised! Chris took our reservation very last minute and was extremely accommodating. We were blown away at how comfortable and fully equipped the Yert was ( we stayed in the blue one ).
The property is the epitome of a harmonious retreat- beautiful hiking trails, a stone labyrinth and a little gazebo hidden in the woods (take the lower trail to get to it) surrounded by wind chimes making for the perfect meditation spot were just a few of the treats we experienced. The healing meadow was just that- serene and capable of melting all my stresses away. We laid out in the meadow at night and saw thousands of stars! I highly recommend this!
Some key things that were positives during our stay:
-The Yert was fully equipped with everything and anything you will need- fully equipped kitchen with fridge and stove (cooking utensils, plates, cups etc all there as well!), spacious bathroom with shower (yes it has hot water and normal plumbing!), a ceiling fan, comfy bed, heaters, dining table, 2 sofa-chairs, blankets, and lots of charm!
-There was a fire pit with chairs outside
-There was a BBQ with a picnic table (we did not get to take advantage of this but I definitely will next time!
-Lots of flora and fauna as you are essentially surrounded by nature- we saw many deer just outside our Yert in the morning and evening.
-Chris was very welcoming and informative about the area- a gracious host!
-A map of the property so you can head out and explore
-Near a town where there are places to eat and stop for groceries

The only con was that we only had one night to enjoy our stay !! I am definitely going to be booking a week in the summer- curious to check out the larger Yert and the Chalet.

If you are looking to connect with nature or unplug from hectic life- yet don't want to rough it in the woods by camping in a tent- book a Yert at Harmony Hill Retreat Center and you will leave a refreshed and rejuvenated person!!

Room Tip: We were in the Blue Yert and were thrilled with it! If the blue one was amazing- I can only imagine...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MinaNYC19
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Spectacular! Beautiful, peaceful and a simple joy. I have never felt so relaxed and at peace. What a great way to unwind from city life. The campgrounds were clean, the Yurt was wonderful! Relaxing by the campfire, hiking, horseback riding, or exploring the countryside, it didn't matter what we did, it was all wonderful. We will be coming back!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin W

Been to Harmony Hill Lodging & Retreat Center? Share your experiences!