“Dined alone” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vie Bar & Restaurant

Vie Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with
Vie Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 70 Restaurants in Main Beach
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Modern in the mantra in this distinctively chic venue. Vie Bar + Restaurant delivers a stylish, contemporary, waterside drinking and dining experience. With stunning views that stretch over the Broadwater and Marina, Vie is setting the benchmark with its progressive, gloriously simple modern cuisine. Vie’s stylish bar features a sleek modern design with its marble and stainless steel bar area, contemporary deco furniture with coco cabana daybeds featuring on the open air deck. Located in the award-winning Palazzo Versace Hotel, Vie Bar + Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Dined alone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Food was reasonably priced and well presented, The complimentary bread was a nice touch and good choice of wines available, as i was on conference i dined alone but was made to feel very comfortable and welcome, they sat me on waterfront with a lovely view of the Marina and sunset.

Visited October 2013

“Fantastic service and delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here for our anniversary and service was fantastic. Food was delicious and the staff were very attentive. The cocktail list was fantastic I couldn't only have one.

Our only complaint would be the wait of an hour between entree and main but we were apologized to for that.

The little touch at the end of our dinner with card and present was very sweet and ended our dinner very nicely. We would definitely recommend.

“Under cooked scallops , come back to haunt”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

A disappointing meal, scallops were very poor and undercooked , just one mouth full is all it needed , and service could be improved, a pet hate is when you arrive on time for your table, and your told you have to wait, but when there is ten empty tables, why?
It does not measure up to the hype, a simple menu, nothing challenging nothing speacial .

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Simon S, Manager at Vie Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations during your recent visit. When you arrived for your booking the table was ready however your original table was next to a fairly large group that by that time (8.30pm) had started to get quite loud. As a result my assistant manager asked you to wait at the bar for 2 minutes while we organised a nicer table I am sorry if this wasn't communicated properly to you on the night . I am also sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the scallops because we do serve them seared rare and we understand that doesn't suit everybody which is why I was happy to take them off your bill on the night. I am glad however that you enjoyed the lamb shoulder for 2 so much (as you told me on the night) and I would love for you to let me know next time you're here so that I can see to it you are well looked after. Kindest Regards. Simon Shanahan.
GOLD COAST
“What a great mid week choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Been many times to Vie and always have come away impressed. Booked an outside table last minute with no worries. Service was professional and attentive, as you expect from this restaurant. Entree's were great, But the stand out dish was the shared dishes to choose from chicken or lamb. We chose the lamb, the deboned leg comes out on a wooden serving plate with sides. Absolutely amazing, melt in your mouth tender. This is a killer dish to share with your partner. Make sure you are hungry as it is a big dish. Wine list as always very good. If you are out at Marina Mirage do yourself a favour and have a meal at Vie. It won't disappoint.

• Visited September 2013
Buderim
“Lovely experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had dinner at vie as a family.

Entree, main and dessert were all delicious and the Italian Pinot Grigio was lovely too.

Our little one had the pasta from the children's menu and polished the whole lot off, so it must have been good!!

I recommend the duck liver pate to start. Absolutely delicious. I had the pork for my main and it was so tender it cut with a fork!

The warm sourdough bread is a nice touch which we enjoyed.

Overall, five star with wonderful attentive staff.

We will definitely be back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We are delighted to hear that you had such a great time and look forward to welcoming you back. Please feel free to contact me directly when you are next here so that i can personally see to it that you receive more of the same.
Kind Regrds. Simon Shanahan. Restaurant Manager