“Slow service”

Vie Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with
Vie Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 70 Restaurants in Main Beach
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Modern in the mantra in this distinctively chic venue. Vie Bar + Restaurant delivers a stylish, contemporary, waterside drinking and dining experience. With stunning views that stretch over the Broadwater and Marina, Vie is setting the benchmark with its progressive, gloriously simple modern cuisine. Vie’s stylish bar features a sleek modern design with its marble and stainless steel bar area, contemporary deco furniture with coco cabana daybeds featuring on the open air deck. Located in the award-winning Palazzo Versace Hotel, Vie Bar + Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner.
“Slow service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Food was good but small portions and very overpriced, service was good but slow. For one drink and one entree, I was in there for over 1 hour 20 mins.

Visited September 2013
Simon S, Manager at Vie Bar & Restaurant, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us at Vie. I am investigating your concerns but I wonder if you could let me know when you dined with us? At lunch we offer a 2 or 3 course set menu and at dinner for the last few nights we have had functions in the restaurant. As such I haven't been able to find any record of a guest who had only an entree and one drink. Please feel free to contact me any time at Vie so that I can address your points and continue to improve our service.

Kind regards,
Simon Shanahan.

Scarborough, Australia
“Enjoyed my lunch immensely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Had the "Slow roasted Tasmanian Aberdeen Angus beef sirloin medium rare, grilled field mushrooms, romesco, roasting juices" for main course with "Blood orange trifle, olive oil sauternes cake, catalan cream, tuile" for dessert.
The sirloin was fantastic and just melted in my mouth.
Dessert was delightful with a very tasty combination of flavours.
Highly recommend Vie.

• Visited September 2013
Thanks so much for your kind feedback. We look forward to your next visit so that we can continue to serve you in the same way well into the future.

Kind Regards,
Simon Shanahan
Australian in New York
“Great spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a lovely spot with attentive staff and great food and drinks. I loved the very extensive cocktail list and the fact that the staff were very familiar with them and in a position to make recommendations. the staff were attentive and personable without being intrusive and our meal was delicious and well priced. We sat outside an enjoyed the lovely evening view across to Southport. Would definitely go back.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank travelbunny
AUSTRALIA
“Nice food, great wine list with a fantastic view.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you like well thought out menus, first class service and a world class view, then you will be happy here. I guess the only things I found though was the atmosphere in the restaurant could be a little more intimate, cosy, with some mood lighting around, and candels for the feeling of warmth, I found it a little too lit up which made it feel a little sanitised. But thats me.
I liked the waiters being very professional about what they do, they didnt hang around too much and interupt and make small talk.

The food is well thought out and interesting. They also have a extensive wine list which I loved as well. All in all.. the food is excellent, wine is great and the view is amazing.

Visited September 2013

AUSTRALIA
“Luxury Dining with a great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013