“A trip to a good restaurant”

Vie Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 76 Restaurants in Main Beach
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Modern in the mantra in this distinctively chic venue. Vie Bar + Restaurant delivers a stylish, contemporary, waterside drinking and dining experience. With stunning views that stretch over the Broadwater and Marina, Vie is setting the benchmark with its progressive, gloriously simple modern cuisine. Vie’s stylish bar features a sleek modern design with its marble and stainless steel bar area, contemporary deco furniture with coco cabana daybeds featuring on the open air deck. Located in the award-winning Palazzo Versace Hotel, Vie Bar + Restaurant is open for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The food in this good establishment is of high standard with a well priced wine list. We hadn't booked and waited a while for a table in the lively end of the restaurant. The place is rated 1 hat. Perhaps the service on that night was not quite up to that standard. I would however try again.

1  Thank Henryadams1
There are newer reviews for Vie Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Great cocktails at good prices and the high tea was amazing with the champagne. You also get some nibbles with your cocktails and they were very yummy. Martini's omg try the Spiced Apple Martini. Stevie was able to provide some good information on the Martini's as well.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have been to Vie three times now, and the food and service continues to impress me! A must try is a seafood platter for two. It is a decent serving, fresh, has a vast array of seafood and isn't made to look like more than it is like some other over priced seafood platters you get with lots of fried stuff, rice or even fruit. Definitely recommend trying this restaurant!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We had booked in to the Versace for dinner and they booked us in the really fancy restaurant with 2 kids. It was far too much, so we moved to Vie and everyone was accommodating. We waited 2 1/2 hours for our mains. I had dish envy with the kids, their basic pasta was good. My beet, trout and apple soup, base was good, apple - what was that doing in there???. My main was so bad, all I could taste was a burnt charcoal taste in my mouth. My husbands steak was boiled. YUK YUK YUK. We waited over 2 hours for that - disgusting and will never go back

2  Thank FBendall
Reviewed March 21, 2013

A set menu for the Night as we came in a group. Had a couple of people get their orders mixed up and late. The food was nice but nothing to write home about. I must admit my expeditions were high and it didn't quite match what I had hoped. Overall good.