“Domani's Main Beach”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Domanis

Domanis
Reserve with
Domanis is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 70 Restaurants in Main Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Australian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Domani's Restaurant | Cafe | Bar | Tapas was established 1993. Domani's alfresco restaurant and bar is a centerpiece of the Gold Coast's premier dining strip.
Melbourne, Australia
“Domani's Main Beach”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

As I had enjoyed dinner at Domani's some months ago, I decided to pay a return visit.
This time around I was disappointed with the meal and service. I ordered the grilled barramundi as a main. On the plate was a small piece of fish, a tiny amount of salad (consisting mainly of a few lettuce leaves), and a huge amount of chips, completely out of proportion to the amount of the other items. If I had wanted a plate of chips for dinner I could have got it from a fish and chip shop. After the meal was brought to me, no staff member came to my table to see if everything was ok, ie I was completely ignored. When I finished, it took a long time for the waiter to come and take away the plate. When he saw the uneaten chips I commented that I wasn't happy with the meager amount of fish and salad and the large amount of chips. He curtly answered I'll let the chef know", and walked away without even an apology for the poor meal. This was not a good dining experience (unlike my first visit some months ago), and I am reluctant to ever go back.

2 Thank Deborah001
Steph018, Owner at Domanis, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Very sorry to hear your return visit didn't live up to expectations –– we apologise without resevation if your meal seemed at all undersized, and if it seemed the waiter's service and response was lacklustre. We'll be sure to pass your comments on to staff, as we endevour to ensure all customers leave contented with our great food and service. We do hope you'll dine with us again soon.

Hamilton
“Excellent - Service, Food - the lot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

We are a family of four and were driving past Domanis earlier in the day. It caught our eye and we stopped in that evening for dinner. What fantastic service, food and atmosphere. Its obviously a place where those who live close by go - it was packed. Nothing however, was too much trouble. Even after my AMAZING sizzling dish 'sizzled' all over my dress (which is not their fault - its just a hazard of wanting the prawn for dinner!) - our waiter was insistent that should the splatters not come out, to make contact with them and they would rectify it. Thank you for a great, family dinner out! ps - the splatters came out :) the prawns were worth it!

Steph018, Owner at Domanis, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thanks for letting us know the splatters came out! Lovely to hear, and thanks for taking teh time to post such a kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Great lunches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

We recommend Domani's at Main Beach for lunch, we have enjoyed every meal eaten here. The food is delicious, the staff attentive and the price excellent. Highly recommend this restaurant.

1 Thank Nevest61
Steph018, Owner at Domanis, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review –– it's always wonderful to hear from satisfied customers! We'll be sure to pass your kind words onto the staff, thanks again for your valued patronage.
coffs harbour
“Our favourite restaurant on the coast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

We visit the Gold Coast about once a year and never miss going to Domanis. The food is always excellent and the staff really go the extra mile . Very reasonably priced and totally enjoyable.

Steph018, Owner at Domanis, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thanks so much for your very kind review, we're delighted to hear you enjoy your annual visits enough to return to dine with us each year – and we sincerely look forward to your next visit!
Australia
“Fantastic restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

We were recommended to eat at Domanis which we also found to be fantastic. If you arrive before 6pm there is a half price menu, including lamb shanks, steaks, risotto. The meals were great tasting as well as good size. All of the staff here were excellent at their jobs and nothing was too much trouble. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Steph018, Owner at Domanis, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thanks for the glowing review, you've made our day! Lovely to hear you enjoy the food and service, and we'll be sure to pass your kind words on to our staff. On behalf of the team at Domani's, many thanks for taking the time to share your review. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!