“Not Impressed”
Review of Domanis

Domanis
Ranked #7 of 75 Restaurants in Main Beach
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Domani's Restaurant | Cafe | Bar | Tapas was established 1993. Domani's alfresco restaurant and bar is a centerpiece of the Gold Coast's premier dining strip.
camira
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Not impressed by being lured in by the waiter saying the menu is half price before 6pm only to be told when we paid it's only on certain things, I was not going to be taken advantage of like that and after being over charge I went back in and asked that the difference be refunded as it was not right I was told one thing and charged another. They refunded the difference after a Chinese whispers of sorts trying figure out who had told me that information felt like a criminal will not be going back. The food wasn't anything to rave about either the kids steak was chewy and mainly inedible, the kids pizza was sloppy, I did enjoy my linguine carbonara , and my husband enjoyed the fish but it was nothing special. Don't be FOOLED BY THE half price offer if something looks too good to be true it usually is!!!!!!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank lauren t
Steph018, Owner at Domanis, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
We're sorry to hear to hear of your confusion over our half price menu. Our wait staff do their best to try and explain things in detail to avoid any misunderstandings, but as with any promotion there are always unfortunately conditions to abide. I trust that the wait staff have done their best to ensure your particular misunderstanding was rectified, and that there weren't any extras charged to you thanks to wait staff refunding any payment. We have offered our half price menu with great success for many years, so it is unfortunate to hear of your confusion over the menu and the specials on offer.

Orange, Australia
“A good find”
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Noticed the good reviews gave it a try. Pleasantly surprised. Good food good service. Great wine advice.

Steph018, Owner at Domanis, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Fantastic! Thanks for taking the time to post your review, it's always great to hear from customers who've been happy with discovering Domani's for the first time -- we hope your most recent visit is the first of many to come!
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Simply devine”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Nestled away in an up market area of the Gold Coast, you will find this lovely restaurant.
Me and my boyfriend experienced a candlelight dinner here on a Friday night. The food was excellent with a wide variety of choice. We had the twice cooked crispy duck with vegetable ratatouille and the fettuccine with roast chicken, pancetta, mushroom and truffle cream sauce both of which were sublime.
The restaurant has a nice atmosphere, there is relaxing music in the back ground coupled with subtle mood lighting. The restaurant wasn't overly busy when we were there so it wasn't noisy and service was quick.

• Visited November 2013
Steph018, Owner at Domanis, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thanks for posting such a detailed and thoughtful review-- we're over the moon to hear you enjoyed your dinner experience with us. We strive to offer great meals and a warm atmosphere, so it's always wonderful to hear from customers who've been satisfied with their visit to Domani's. On behalf of the Domani's team I'd like to thank you again, and look forward to welcoming you back to Domani's soon!
Sunshine Coast, Australia
“Value before 6pm”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Dinner before 6.00pm is purportedly half price but I’m not sure I would pay $35 for a pasta dish! Still, it was reasonable value and the food was of good quality. One entre was a bit mean though (three small scallops) which is my only complaint. Good choice of drinks including wine and beer.

Nice atmosphere with outside seating on a corner of Tedder ave.

Visited November 2013
Steph018, Owner at Domanis, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thanks for taking time to share your dining experience at Domani's with us. We're glad to hear your overall impressions were favourable, and will be sure to pass on your feedback to our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to Domani's soon!
Newcastle, Australia
“Enjoyable dining experience”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I dined with my partner and family members here on Melbourne Cup Day for dinner.

We booked to take advantage of their dinner mains for half price if you are seated and have placed your order before 6pm.

The restaurant was very busy and quite noisy, especially given it was Melbourne Cup, but I didn't mind that one bit. To me it made for a fun and interesting atmosphere.

We received very good service from our young waitress. She was very friendly, efficient & attentive. An asset to the owners of this restaurant.

I and three others ordered the same dish, which was the Roasted Pork Belly with Kipfler potatoe, green beans with a pork jus.

The meat was so tender and full of spice infused flavour. The pork jus was lovely and the potatoe and beans were to me perfectly cooked. I savoured every morsel and thoroughly enjoyed it all. The other people that ordered the same dish enjoyed theirs as well.

I wish this place was closer as I had a very good and positive experience here and would love to go back.

I would recommend Domanis based on this particular experience. Try the Pork Belly dish, hopefully you will enjoy it as much as I did.

1 Thank Aussievicgirl2013
Steph018, Owner at Domanis, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thanks for your feedback, we're trilled to hear you enjoyed your dining experience with us and would like to expressly thank you for your detailed and thoughtful review -- much appreciated!
We look forward to welcoming you back to Domani's soon (even if it is a little far away!)