“Expensive, ok food, service not great”
Review of La Roma - CLOSED

La Roma
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2011

The food was ok but very expensive for what it was. The waitress was Italian and while friendly had great trouble understanding us. I think she must of been quite new.

Reviewed October 15, 2010

After reading some of the reviews I was skeptical about going there, but it was convenient and all the family was hungry. I couldn't remember if it was the restaurant with the bad reviews. From the moment we arrived the service was good. The food was well presented and served quickly. My husband who loves Tiramusu and orders it frequently at different restaurants said theirs was excellent. My teen age son said the pepperoni pizza was one of the best he had had. I was glad everything was good.

Reviewed October 13, 2009

we were craving pizza but we also wanted to eat at a restaurant that had some atmosphere etc
so we went to this restaurant & looking at the menu it was pretty expensive for a small pizza.
After waiting & not getting service someone finally came over & we ordered 1 pizza to share cause that's
what we usually do so that we can try other food at different places & the waitress after taking our order
came back & said that to share a pizza is an extra $3 per person. so we were ok to pay $26 for
a small pizza (which is usually fairly expensive for us already) and then she came back again
and told us that we couldnt share a pizza!!!!!! OMG what?? we cant share???
She told us we have to order another meal, so we decided to order shrimp cocktail (which is
an entree) and she said we cant order that because its an entree... again OMG!! She said we
had to order another main meal, that its minimum 1 main meal per person which is about another
$20 minimum per person. THat was the last straw we werent that hungry, just craving pizza
and being forced to order food we dont want to try so we walked out of the restaurant.

Bad service, horrible rules, trying to make us order food that we dont want, horrible experience,
almost ruin our night that otherwise was great time. Never touching this place again
and do not recommend it to anyone else!

4  Thank angelbabiie
Reviewed September 30, 2009

Firstly, this restaurant was selected by our kids, perhaps my first mistake. With 4 waiters, none of who spoke english as a first language (memories of Manuel..Ce?), we were eventually seated. We watched with initial amusement as the 4 stood around and did everything in their power to avoid eye contact, or act as waiters, despite the place not being busy! Eventually we had to tackle a waiter (not literally) to ask for a menu and some drinks....then no one came back, or would make eye contact, to take an order. Eventually we had our order taken, much to the chagrin of another couple who had been seated well before us, but were yet to get a menu. The meals eventually arrived, but not cutlery. The food was at best average, although the drunk they sat behind us and served pizza to in a pizza box may disagree. The nice touch was an ashtray out the front of the premises (albeit in a public area) that was heavily smouldering and stenched out the outdoors area. Eventually a staff member thought that pouring some water on it may be a good idea. Rest assured no tip was left!

4  Thank cadooo
Reviewed April 3, 2009

There is no children's menu but our waiter said they could do an entree size pasta for our 4 year old. When the bill arrived we were only charged $2 less than the main price of $18. We thought $16 for a pasta for a child was excessive. When I went to discuss this with the woman in charge she told me that "they did not do entree size pastas" and that she "did not care" about what I had to say. She was a little bit aggressive and shouted at me. She then ignored me while taking payment and did not say thank you or goodbye. We have never been treated so rudely in a restaurant before. Though the food was nice!

1  Thank JPQLD