“Ignorant and rude”

Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Dropped in for coffee/drinks and possibly early dinner. Waited to be seated, staff talking amongst themselves. No service, so we chose a table ourselves. Sat and looked at staff expectantly while they continued to talk. Stood at counter for 10 minutes and staff continued to ignore me whilst talking amongst themselves. Had to interrupt them and ask if they were even open just to be acknowledged. If this service is an example of their professionalism, I'll dine at another restaurant on Tedder... Plenty to choose from!!! We had coffee and the waiter that served us didn't even attempt to recover the situation with an apology... Atrocious service...

Reviewed January 23, 2014

In cut throat Tedder Ave, this restaurant is worth a try. Service was good, wines reasonable and traditional italian food very good,

We tried the Thai chicken pizza which got lost in translation. Portion sizes are HUGE !

Don't go past the Prawn & Prosciutto Tagliatelle pasta.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Tedder Ave is my fav place to visit when I'm on the Gold Coast after a local recommendation many years ago. It's close to everything but far enough away from the Surfers rat race to be able to enjoy some peace and normal-ness. The coffee at Milan was great (why is it so hard to find good coffee on the GC?) and my partner's mushroom, spinach and haloumi with poached eggs was good as was my rosti potato with spinach, poached eggs and slow cooked tomatoes (I did ask for the optional addition of smoked trout but it never turned up). The waitress was very happy to accommodate our five year old with finicky taste (2 x poached eggs, no toast).

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Ate here for dinner on a very busy night. Awesome seafood pasta with olive oil and chilli. Great kids menu. Service very friendly and prompt. Going to try breakfast. Would recomend.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Having been delighted by the food and service at a competitor restaurant the previous evening, we were anticipating another lovely meal out while on a weekend break to Main Beach.
Wandering up Tedder Avenue, we looked at the prominently displayed menu and decided that there was something for everyone (2 adults and 2 children) as the mains sounded imaginative and there was a children's menu. We asked to be seated and were promptly given menus. My husband and I decided to skip antipasti/entrees and just order a main course. This proved to be our wisest decision of the evening. I decided against wine and suggested my husband order himself a single glass to go with his meal. When his pinot noir arrived, it was in a decent sized glass. However the glass itself was barely a third full. Before drinking any of it, we asked the waitress if we could change our mind and get the full bottle with 2 glasses, so we could share. I suspect she then categorised us as 'awkward', as the bottle was fairly plonked down on the table when she came back.
We ordered the rolled pork belly and the roast duck. The children ordered pizza and carbonara from the varied kids menu.
After some time waiting, the other half remarked that he didn't see much food emerging from the kitchen. There seemed to be a lot of diners in the same position as us: they had drinks but no food. I don't know exactly how long it took to arrive, but it was at least 45 minutes; possibly nearer an hour. This is the main reason for the 'poor' rating.
The rolled pork belly was well executed. However the duck was very dry and the chilli plum sauce mentioned in the menu description was a barely discernable drizzle around the edge of the plate.
If we go back to Main Beach, we won't be going back to Milan on Main. There are so many other options to try on Tedder Avenue.