“Excellent menu well priced”
Review of Milan On Main

Milan On Main
Ranked #15 of 73 Restaurants in Main Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
“Excellent menu well priced”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Our visit was based entirely on previous comments from tripadvisor, both the meal & service truly reflected these comments. Staff were flat out this particular night and apologized numerous times for slow kitchen service due to the volume of diners , but drinks were regularly kept up and staff updated us, no issues at all, very professional. The only real complaint was the salt & pepper calimari that was over salted, otherwise everything perfect, highly recommended and will be a regular visitor.

1 Thank SDB1964
Wayne R, Owner at Milan On Main, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for choosing Milan on Main and thanks very much for your excellent review and kind recommendation. As a small and very popular restaurant on the coast we do get very busy most days. I thank you for your understanding.

Thanks also for your comments on the Calamari. We usually use the Murray River pink salt for this dish as it has a softer flavour. On the night we may have used a sea salt instead. I will check with my team.

TripAdvisor reviews can be misleading from time to time as many companies actively solicit positive reviews. Some businesses will also pay for positive reviews, which is unfortunate. I can honestly say that I have never actively solicited positive reviews. We do not even advertise the fact that we can be reviewed on TripAdvisor. I believe that it is up to the individual customer to do so. All our reviews are unsolicited and real.

Hope to see you back soon.

Tokyo, Japan
“The best formal informal Italian style! Really!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

This is one of the nicest places you can visit forbreakfast, a late lunch, early dinner or anytime. The staff are fantastic and the location is beaut!
We visited with the family, kids and all. The staff were great and the service went above and beyond what you would expect.
The menu ensures kids and adults have a choice. For example, mostplaces only give the kids a choice of one or two dishes... Milan offerred 7 dishes AND if the kids wanted, kids size and price adult meals! They are so flexible, it made the whole experience brilliant!
We will definitely visit again when we are back on the Gold Coast!
Thanks guys!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Toby L
Wayne R, Owner at Milan On Main, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you very much Toby for visiting Milan on Main. It makes me very happy when customers have such a good experience. It tells me that we are doing the right thing. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and the quality of our food.

As I have young children of my own I know how important it is to get the balance right. Food is such a great part of life and often children are ignored when it comes to good food. I think children should be exposed to quality and flavoursome food from a young age. Nuggets and chips is definitely not the way to start and it is something you will not find at Milan.

Once again thank you for your kind recommendation and hope to see you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
“Quality Italian with Great Service”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

We went to Milan on Main after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. We were visiting the Gold Coast for a few days to celebrate my wife's birthday and were looking for a good restaurant. They looked after us very well and the food was excellent. My wife and daughter had the veal and I had the prawn tagliatelle. These dishes were excellent, beautiful flavors, generous serve and well presented. Overall we had a great night and highly recommend Milan on Main.

• Visited December 2012
Wayne R, Owner at Milan On Main, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you very much for choosing Milan on Main for your special celebration. I would also like to thank you for your kind recommendation. I am privileged to have the best team on the strip. We focus on the quality of our food and service and strive for consistency. Our ingredients are locally sourced and always fresh.

I hope that you enjoyed Main Beach as it is the best on the coast and that we will see you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

A must have is the salmon bruschetta! Would be a nice spot to have an afternoon drink too, we didn't ave the opportunity unfortunately.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Michael S
Wayne R, Owner at Milan On Main, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thanks very much Michael for your kind recommendation. My team work very hard at ensuring the experience at Milan on Main is one of the best on the coast. We have a very strong local following and the late afternoon is great sitting out the front with a cool sea breeze blowing in and a cold beer or wine in the hand.

Thanks for your support and hope to see you back soon.

Broadbeach, Australia
“Relaxed, Good Food, Super Service”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Really good food and not that expensive - I had the tiger prawn and prosciutto tagliatelle (like a high class carbonara) and it was epic. It was my sons 18th and I made the restaurant aware when I booked. They looked after us really well, sparklers in the cake, and even sang happy birthday. Drinks kept well supplied without having to chase, the wait for food just right. Understated from the exterior, but has to be one of the best Italian eateries on the Coast.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Peter M
Wayne R, Owner at Milan On Main, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Thanks very much Peter for your lovely review and recommendation of Milan on Main. I have the best team on the coast and that goes a long way in making the experience a memorable one. It makes me and the team feel so pleased when we get such positive feedback.

An 18th birthday is such a special one and it is therefore so much more important for us to do it well. Thanks again for selecting Milan for your son's special day. Hope to see you back soon.