“Average! ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Average food and service but great location. Over priced and over rated. Very disappointing. Would not return or recommend to others.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I've eaten many times at Omeros Brothers Seafood Restaurant, even though I'm not a seafood lover. The reason why I love going there? It is an experience in its own right, and the value for money in their $42.90 set menu can't be beaten for quality and choice. The setting is well-nigh impossible to better: you ovedrlook the marina with multi-million dollar yachts and cruisers, allowing you to indulge in more than a little wishful thinking as you wait for your meal. There are three levels where you can eat, one fully inside (which I recommend if you're not used to the often-enervating Gold Coast heat and humidity), one on the upper veranda (with ceiling fans) and one fully outside under large market umbrellas for the smokers, one assumes, although Australian law forbids smoking in a restaurant or restaurant precinct.
The srevice there is always first rate, professional, friendly without being familiar, helpful and prompt. I ALWAYS opt for the set menu, at $41.90, offering one of four entrewes, mains, and desserts. The avocado vinaigrette and French dressing salad I had yesterday was a tad on the too-cold side, and had clearly been kept in the refrigerator too long. I mentioned this to our ever-helpful waiter and he checked with the chef who confirmed it had been kept with fish (no fishy smell, and I would certainly have notice that). However, I could have had calamari, a fish soup and something else I don't recall. The main that I just cannot go past is the minute steak in a garlic and Worcestershire sauce that's to die for, served with piped mashed potatos and crispy fried chips. They were superb pieces, cooked to perfection. For dessert, I nenver go past the tropical sorbet with pureed strawberry. There used to be three flavours but they have now been reduced to two (mango, the larger part, and raspberry, on a round flan), and the flavours do come to the fore. It's a place you'll enjoy, believe me, whether it's a special occasion or just because you feel like it. The Omeros Brothers and their families have been in the restaurant business both in Sydney and on the Gold Coast fort well over 50 years so they obviously have been doing something right, and keeping their customers happy and ready for more.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This place has a fantastic location. The menu is extensive. However, be prepared to have your food delivered cold (regardless of how many people are in the restaurant) and then you pay top dollar for this cold food, that should be hot.

Good service. Atmosphere is lacking.

1  Thank SisterPurple1708
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We just spent a fabulous night celebrating our wedding anniversary dining at what would have to be one of the best restaurants on the Gold Coast, the food was fantastic,fresh clean tastes, generous servings and cooked to perfection. The staff were wonderful, service was excellent, and terrific value for money. We had a table for 10 people on the boardwalk with great views over the marina, we couldn't think of a better place to spend an evening with family or friends enjoying great food and drink in a fantastic environment with exceptional service. We will definitely be back soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We went here for lunch recently and were so impressed that we returned a couple of days later. On both occasions, the food was fantastic and the service was friendly and efficient. The location is great, particularly at sunset. While the prices were at the higher end of the scale, the extra was well worth it for the location, service and outstanding seafood.