“BEST PLATTER ON THE COAST”

Omeros Bros Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 70 Restaurants in Main Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Helensvale, Australia
“BEST PLATTER ON THE COAST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

Went there on a Monday night and was surprised at the number of diners which provided a happy vibey atmosphere. The view is superb overlooking the marina , the service friendly and professional and the meal was excellent. We decided to have a platter each.. the waiter warned us that it was a generous size and told us not to eat the garlic bread as that would waste platter space. He was so right... the platter was fantastic, one of the best I have had on the coast for its size and its taste. The only deep fried items were calamari rings and tempura prawns ,the rest cooked in a variety of ways. Two whole Moreton Bay bugs so delicious, octopus, scallops, fish, oysters, prawns - plain and bbq. Topped off with sharing a creme brulee, one of the best dinners we have had - try the platter but make sure you have the appetite to do its justice.

• Visited December 2013

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
“disappointing prawns for a seafood restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

We recently dined here for lunch. The outside seating along the marina is lovely and the service was excellent. So too was the wine, crab chowder and the sole. However, the prawns, costing a not-inexpensive $33, were obviously frozen and quite tasteless- rather unforgivable for a seafood restaurant! Since the area has LOTS of fresh seafood available (including prawns), there is no reason that a prawn dish, especially such a pricey one, should be of such poor quality. In retrospect, I really should have sent the dish back and insisted on something else. Pity about the prawns, as everything else was nice.

1 Thank triplsx
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“Baby octopus - oh so cute but oh so tasty!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

As a local I've been to this restaurant a number of times - it's usually my pick for my birthday dinner.
My favourite meal is the baby octopus (so YUM!) but you can't go wrong with any of the choices.

Great view to add to the occasion!

Visited July 2013
Melbourne
“Theres a reason this is in the Top 10!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

It always fascinates me that all the tourist paraphernalia on the Gold Coast has nearly every restaurant being multi award winners despite most of the food being at the best fairly ordinary. But this is where this restaurant differs. Now I can’t pretend to tell you if its award winning but what you will find is excellent fresh food served in a well-lit, comfortable classy looking restaurant by personable waiters. I had the grilled octopus entree as well as the rock oysters, for entree and they were delicious. Fresh and briny the way a good, fresh oyster should be. The octopus was also yummy. For mains I had the surf and turf, with a decent cut of fillet steak cooked exactly how I liked and served with a Balmain bug and grilled prawns. Although incredibly tasty there was a little too much sauce over the entire dish which I think unfortunately ruined the flavour of the perfectly cooked seafood. Not a disaster by any means, but would have been much better if the sauce was just on the steak. Never mind.... Crepes Suzette for dessert was perfection. Our waiter was lovely, and even sang happy birthday to our special mother. We thought this was a lovely touch.

Cons: A couple of times we had to pour our own wine, which was ok, but should be something that the waiters are aware of.There was also an incredibly rowdy table on the other side of the restaurant that certainly ruined the ambience of the night, but once again, would have liked to have seen the restaurant be a little more proactive in perhaps getting them to quieten down. We were in such a happy mood it didn’t really bother us but I could see that others may have been quite annoyed by it.

...but other than that we had a really enjoyable night and would recommend to everyone for a quality night out.

Sydney, Australia
“Just incredible!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

My husband and I dined here last Saturday night. We were served by the most wonderful waiter, Mark Honeybun. He was so attentive and polite. He made our evening one to remember. The food was exceptional also. We will definitely be returning.